U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 PM
 
Location: wausau, wisconsin
261 posts, read 182,499 times
Reputation: 81

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Philly has taller buildings and better architecture. San Francisco has more highrises and a better natural setting.
Philly has a FEW more taller buildings and one of them only has height because of its long needle spire at the top (like the Chrysler building in nyc, which is a cheap way to add height).. SF dominates philly in this comparison tho. SF is definitely number 3 in the country for skylines... here is an example....

http://i.bullfax.com/imgs/d4242b5c29...54cf85721c.jpg or

this http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8...0ff31b5a_b.jpg and this
here...
http://ilovebikingsf.files.wordpress...sf-skyline.jpg nuff said

 
Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,890,670 times
Reputation: 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspoon91 View Post
Philly has a FEW more taller buildings and one of them only has height because of its long needle spire at the top (like the Chrysler building in nyc, which is a cheap way to add height).. SF dominates philly in this comparison tho. SF is definitely number 3 in the country for skylines... here is an example....

http://i.bullfax.com/imgs/d4242b5c29...54cf85721c.jpg or

this http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8...0ff31b5a_b.jpg and this
here...
http://ilovebikingsf.files.wordpress...sf-skyline.jpg nuff said
I'm not arguing with you.... so IDK what your argument is lol. I've stated multiple times that both San Fran and Miami have more highrises and are larger skylines lol.
 
Old 06-24-2014, 07:26 PM
 
Location: wausau, wisconsin
261 posts, read 182,499 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
I'm not arguing with you.... so IDK what your argument is lol. I've stated multiple times that both San Fran and Miami have more highrises and are larger skylines lol.
no im not trying to argue either lol I just wanted to et people know that.. I live in Wisconsin and our biggest skyline in the state is Milwaukee ..

and philly blows Miami's (so called skyline) out of the water.. Miami is like a Honolulu. It isn't a real skyline but instead a bunch of tall condos that hsve no good architecture in it,
 
Old 06-24-2014, 07:33 PM
 
Location: wausau, wisconsin
261 posts, read 182,499 times
Reputation: 81
check this pic of SF out.. its VERY impressive. I never knew how urban it is from this vantage point.. its a big pic and u will need to scroll to the right to see the whole thing.. https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbo31/...n/photostream/
 
Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,890,670 times
Reputation: 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspoon91 View Post
check this pic of SF out.. its VERY impressive. I never knew how urban it is from this vantage point.. its a big pic and u will need to scroll to the right to see the whole thing.. https://www.flickr.com/photos/pbo31/...n/photostream/
Wow! Very impressive!
 
Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,890,670 times
Reputation: 3571
Finally found this picture:
 
Old 06-25-2014, 08:41 AM
 
Location: wausau, wisconsin
261 posts, read 182,499 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Finally found this picture:
awesome pic! this angle does the philly skyline justice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top