Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
LOL!! I said Denver shouldn't be considered a great sports city and I listed facts to support my claim. I never stated Denver or Colorado didn't support the Broncos so I don't know why you keep brining them into this discussion. I also stated that Rockies have descent support so once again, I don't know why you keep bringing them into the discussion. Why in the world do you keep bringing that stupid Sporting News list into this? I find it hard to believe that people other than you would agree with it.

BTW, the ArmchairGM list lost all credibility after the first city it listed. It lists Charlotte as having the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes are in Raleigh. Most in Charlotte could care less about the Hurricanes.

End of story. Now move on child.
That is ridiculous. No one could ever PROVE something like that, facts or not. Not only that, but your tone is extremely irritating and betrays your own childishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 05:30 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,062,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
That is ridiculous. No one could ever PROVE something like that, facts or not. Not only that, but your tone is extremely irritating and betrays your own childishness.
Huh? So you're saying facts don't prove anything? I'm sorry you and D-town don't agree with me, but I lived in Denver and I remember the lack of support the Nuggests were getting. I was still there when the city inherited the Avs. and the city jumped on their wagon. A great sports city would support their team; win or lose. Now if you and D-town want to believe Denver is some sports mecca, feel free, but as a former resident I can say it's not.

If you don't like what you're reading, move along. Seriously, the fact that you even bothered to respond says a lot about you.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:32 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Denver without a doubt could be considered one of America's top sports towns---they live for that stuff here..live, breathe, die kinda of thing here...The Denver sports teams often represent the whole Rocky Mountain region as a whole, not just Denver or Colorado..to call LA, seattle,ect. or ANY other Western city more of a sports town than Denver is just insulting and wrong...Denver has a HUGE sports following.probably more sports bars here per capita than anywhere except Chicago,Philly,Boston.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:05 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
Yeah look at how successful they have been since they came into the league..only one losing season in ten years...
Team History

Minnesota Wild News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NHL - ESPN
Hope you did NOT forget that in hockey, ITS a losing season if a team does NOT make the playoffs!

In the Wild's nearly decade long history, it has ONLY made the playoffs three times!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:42 PM

196 posts, read 458,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy7676 View Post
Philly
Boston
NY
St Louis
Chicago
Detroit
LA
San Francisco
Kansas City
Dallas
How is Kansas City on this list?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
Ever heard of a little team called the Royals??? JK, great point!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,296 times
Blackout is NOT a very wise sports fan, that much is OBVIOUS! Plus he never misses a chance to rip Denver. The FACT of the matter is Denver has won the Number 1 Sports city in the US twice (sporting news I believe). This ties it for first place with a few other cities for winning it twice. That is not a single sports market that does not have occasional drops in attendance for different sports that the city has. Denver has set attendance records in baseball. The Broncos have one of the longest sell out streaks and season ticket waiting lists in the NFL, and the AVS had the longest (possible beating Toronto) sell out streaks in the NHL a few years ago. Nuggets are hit and miss. But as mentioned, so is every city at certain years. Denver is a no doubt top ten sports city, and to not list it is RIDICULOUS!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
When did the Rockies set an attendance record?

Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 AM

1,750 posts, read 3,390,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
When did the Rockies set an attendance record?
Their inaugural game at mile high stadium, it was like 80,000

Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Oh. Pff. Maybe the Red Sox or Yankees can rent out the Big House or Beaver Stadium so we can get over 110,000 people to a game so we can have that "record".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City