U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you rather live in?
Philly 119 65.75%
Tampa 62 34.25%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,348,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Southeastern United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not true information, Tampa bay has 4,076,099 in their metropolitan area.
WOW! come on man, those stats you linked where not a true MSA population. Those were including much further areas, like all of west Flordia.

Use this one. It is more acurate on actual METROPOLITIAN stats.

Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get so frustrated when people pull of false stats of the internet to prove somebody that was who was actually right wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 AM

2,138 posts, read 3,298,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
WOW! come on man, those stats you linked where not a true MSA population. Those were including much further areas, like all of west Flordia.

Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Philly's CSA is 6.3mil and it was used against Tampa's MSA so I included Tampa's CSA which is 4mil. You have to be fair, so that's why I put it in my reply.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 AM

22,652 posts, read 34,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
If you want to live in real city with amenities and true nightlife and career opportunities then Philadelphia is your city. If you want to live in a trailer in the baking sun then Tampa is your city.
That is a pretty unfair characterization of Tampa, to say the least.
I would have to put Tampa on a list of 'most improved' cities in the US (along with Chattanooga, Birmingham and Baltimore). I especially love the intown "south of Kennedy" neighborhoods like Hyde Park. Take the drive along Bayshore Blvd. sometime and I think you find it difficult to believe that Tampa is all bad.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:20 AM

2,138 posts, read 3,298,741 times
Quote:

I get so frustrated when people pull of false stats of the internet to prove somebody that was who was actually right wrong.
Tampa Bay Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually you're wrong because if you look at the map in the link provided, the metro area covers about 4 or 5 counties in the Tampa Bay Area not the whole west Florida.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Tampa Bay Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually you're wrong because if you look at the map in the link provided, the metro area covers about 4 or 5 counties in the Tampa Bay Area not the whole west Florida.
It was just an exageration. 4 or 5 counties is an ENORMOUS metro area. Lets stop trying to prove each other wrong. Look, there are different metro area sizes based on how far they actually go. Good MSA stats are the ones that show population based on a 40 mile radius from downtown in my opinion. I like to use MSA population stats from the US Census Borough.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 AM

2,414 posts, read 4,972,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I would have to put Tampa on a list of 'most improved' cities in the US (along with Chattanooga, Birmingham and Baltimore). I especially love the intown "south of Kennedy" neighborhoods like Hyde Park. Take the drive along Bayshore Blvd. sometime and I think you find it difficult to believe that Tampa is all bad.
That had to be what was making me the most angry. But Ive only driven through Philly. Maybe I missed the good areas. So I might just be as guilty.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM

14,110 posts, read 22,651,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I agree, south of kennedy and hyde park are pretty urban.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
That had to be what was making me the most angry. But Ive only driven through Philly. Maybe I missed the good areas. So I might just be as guilty.

You are bashing an enormous city driving on I-95. Maybe you did miss the good areas. You really can't get the feel of center city, or german town driving up I-95 while sitting in the back of your parents car.

Maybe you are just as guilty.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 AM

I LOOOOOOVE Philly cheestake(and they say the south eats unhealthy lol) and I enjoyed Germantown last time I was up there. Philly is a GREAT city. Has anybody in here been to Germantown in Philidelphia???

Old 05-06-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You are bashing an enormous city driving on I-95. Maybe you did miss the good areas. You really can't get the feel of center city, or german town driving up I-95 while sitting in the back of your parents car.

Maybe you are just as guilty.
That's funny because you read my mind, I was just about to talk about how I enjoyed Germantown, as a matter of fact I just did talk about it. Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City