U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-16-2009, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Chicago - mudhole in the prairie...
1,624 posts, read 2,908,316 times
Reputation: 251

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol that's their version of Times Square?

Yeah, isn't that something? Talking about power od denial. LOL.
By the way, the area in this pictures is one of the most prominent areas in the city (the Loop) and this is how it usually looks like after 10PM.... Vibrant, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2009, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 30,687,715 times
Reputation: 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Yeah, isn't that something? Talking about power od denial. LOL.
By the way, the area in this pictures is one of the most prominent areas in the city (the Loop) and this is how it usually looks like after 10PM.... Vibrant, isn't it?
That's how Downtown Houston looks.....on a GOOD day LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: West Town, Chicago
633 posts, read 1,256,965 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Yeah, isn't that something? Talking about power od denial. LOL.
By the way, the area in this pictures is one of the most prominent areas in the city (the Loop) and this is how it usually looks like after 10PM.... Vibrant, isn't it?
Right, because that's the point of this thread: how vibrant is the Loop after 10 PM? Nobody is saying the Loop is vibrant after ten. In fact, we have already had this conversation in another thread. You are attempting to bring it up now, here, when it has already been settled. That is sad, and it does not speak highly of the town from when you come, White Plains, NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Chicago - mudhole in the prairie...
1,624 posts, read 2,908,316 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
Right, because that's the point of this thread: how vibrant is the Loop after 10 PM? Nobody is saying the Loop is vibrant after ten. In fact, we have already had this conversation in another thread. You are attempting to bring it up now, here, when it has already been settled. That is sad, and it does not speak highly of the town from when you come, White Plains, NY.
LOL. The kid can't get White Plains out of his head.

By the way, I argued that Loop dies after 10PM and in your pictures you can see 5 poeple and 2 cars yet Chicago was arguing that this is not the case. Here you go. Your pictures prove my point better than anything else....

You are from Lombard, right? Isn't that like a suburb to Schuaburg wich itself is a suburb? You are from a suburb of a suburb, right? Now I understand you fascination with Chicago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 PM
 
Location: NC/IL/MI
3,625 posts, read 7,173,105 times
Reputation: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol that's their version of Times Square?
nope. It aint my version. times square is one of a kind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
 
Location: West Town, Chicago
633 posts, read 1,256,965 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
LOL. The kid can't get White Plains out of his head.

By the way, I argued that Loop dies after 10PM and in your pictures you can see 5 poeple and 2 cars yet Chicago was arguing that this is not the case. Here you go. Your pictures prove my point better than anything else....

You are from Lombard, right? Isn't that like a suburb to Schuaburg wich itself is a suburb? You are from a suburb of a suburb, right? Now I understand you fascination with Chicago...

Nope. Lombard is an inner ring suburb of Chicago. I split my time between Lombard and the City. Lombard has its good and bad points. If you are under 21 (which you are, by about ten years), Lombard is super boring. However, for the adult crowd, it's a pretty nice place.

Anyway, Schaumburg doesn't have suburbs. It is a suburb. I thought you "lived" in Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Chicago - mudhole in the prairie...
1,624 posts, read 2,908,316 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
nope. Lombard is an inner ring suburb of chicago. I split my time between lombard and the city. Lombard has its good and bad points. If you are under 21 (which you are, by about ten years), lombard is super boring. However, for the adult crowd, it's a pretty nice place.

Anyway, schaumburg doesn't have suburbs. It is a suburb. I thought you "lived" in chicago?


Kid, you live in Lombard and you are talking about things to do and entertainment LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2009, 08:59 AM
 
1,251 posts, read 2,188,960 times
Reputation: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
LOL. The kid can't get White Plains out of his head.
Well you never denied that you are residing in WP when you claim you live in Chicago. Neither have you denied having multiple accounts (advocatusdiavoli, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Chicago- Lawrence and Kedzie/Maywood
2,242 posts, read 5,557,891 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Kid, you live in Lombard and you are talking about things to do and entertainment LOL
What's wrong with that?
Not all suburbs are rows and rows of homes with no other type of structure.
Lombard isn't even a far suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,391 posts, read 24,573,808 times
Reputation: 5662
The loop dies after 6pm... not 10pm ... It is a complete ghost town on the weekend. Weekend in the winter? You might have to wait awhile before you see anybody except a few homeless on lower wacker. That being said...the night life moves north after 6pm so it isn't like the city dies down as a whole.

source: 2 years living across from the stock exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top