Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA vs Chicago
LA 161 42.59%
Chicago 217 57.41%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 05:01 PM

633 posts, read 1,442,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
You do realize that you post is offensive and violates sevarl points of the TOS?
People like you make sure that most of the world laughs at Chicago.
You do realize that that was a quote from "Billy Madison," and you need to lighten up and stop acting like such a baby.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:13 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
No, it doesn't change. Chicago is the top city for trading. End of story. The emperor has no clothes, Dementor. You lose. Chicago wins.

Right, right... LOL

Quote:
The CME Group is a publicly-traded corporation. Do you know where publicly-traded corporations are publicly traded? On the New York Stock Exchange.
Oh, you mean that's the only stock exchange in the country???

And you are saying you are a trader? Where? Preschool? LOL

Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Right, right... LOL

Oh, you mean that's the only stock exchange in the country???

And you are saying you are a trader? Where? Preschool? LOL
LOL PRE-School! OMG ROFL! Haha WTF Pre-school that is hilarious! Wowzy wowzah! What a hullabaloo! What a brouhaha! Children are dancing in the streets as a result of that joke's pure hilarity!

Okay now seriously, are you on drugs?

Did you not read my post about Chicago being the top trading city in the world? You keep asking for facts, but it is clear that you don't want facts. You want us all to agree with you, and give you the attention that the mean girls at school won't give to you.

What is this thread even about? Is it about trading? How did we all allow Dementor to get us so off topic?

Oh boy, "preschool." Hilarious. Because there's trading going on in preschool.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:46 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,369 times
L.A isn't really urban, but its not suburban either. It's kind of a mix of both, but when comparing it to New York, San Francisco, and Chicago, it falls more suburban.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:50 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,369 times
[quote=dementor;8860650][quote=Spire;8860565]You live to find scapegoats. In fact, you're doing it right now. It's not the average persons fault wall street declined. Joe the Plumber wasn't selling bad morgages to bankers and other investors. You're just trying to deflect away from the fact that people (mainly from NYC) screwed up! Every American wasn't living outside of their means.

Quote:
The truth is we are all guilty of overspending and pushing Wall Street to deliver higher and higher indices.

Listen kid, the banks all over the country were doing the same i.e. selling mortgages to unqualified people. It's not about Wall Street and not about New York. Now the banks did that because there was lack of regulation and everything was going OK until the economy could not take it any more abuse. How much money you can print and put into circulation to cover your war effort expenses?
The government is responsible for this and we are all responsible for our governments. We voted them in. Yeah, blame Wall Street for failed automakers and blame Wall Street for all the evil not realizing that our economy would not survive a week without it.
It is so easy to eversimply and there are so many Monday morning economists...
Wall street is one of the probably the most important finacial area in the world. Obviously they are to some of the blame. If they didn't go crazy, banks would have never had the courage to loan the money which in turn would have prevent a recession.

End of story

You're wrong, I'm right.

While wall street didn't fail on its own, it did fail, get over it. Goodbye.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,755 times
[quote=Spire;You're wrong, I'm right.

While wall street didn't fail on its own, it did fail, get over it. Goodbye.[/quote]

Yeah. Everything is so simple while you are in high school. I miss that

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Everything is so simple while you are in high school. I miss that
Just a note: people who are as old as you pretend to be don't go out of their way to call everybody "kid" and faux-reminisce.

So far, you have pretended to live in Chicago, be an adult, and even that you are black. In reality, you are 12, white, and in White Plains, NY. You have never been to Chicago, and you know nothing outside of the boundaries within which your mom allows you to ride your bike.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:58 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
People like Americanboy and Dementor are proof that no matter what you say nor what evidence to the contrary you give them, they will never change their minds.

It's like arguing with a stone.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:00 PM

165 posts, read 605,274 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't change. Chicago is the top city for trading. End of story. The emperor has no clothes, Dementor. You lose. Chicago wins.

The CME Group is a publicly-traded corporation. Do you know where publicly-traded corporations are publicly traded? On the New York Stock Exchange.

The Merc is is a financial and commodity derivative exchange. Do you know what is traded there? I'll give you a hint: it's not stock exchanges.

Therefore, the NYSE would not, and could not POSSIBLY be traded on the Chicago Merc. How is it possible that you don't know this? Don't you have even the most basic, rudimentary understanding of this country's financial system?

Saying that New York is a better trading city because the NYSE is not traded on the CME is like saying that Bentonville, Arkansas is better than New York because they sell the Wall Street Journal at Wal-Mart, but they don't sell Wal-Marts at the WSJ headquarters.

Now go study your geography.
emmmm...

New York and London (god only knows about tokyo) are
bigger and better trading centers than Chicago.
Your city (I hear, I would love to visit) has a lot going for it, but Wall st. is the US economy in the eyes of the world.
London is also internationally renowned.
The market you speak of in Chicago is probably known domestically,
but not that well internationally. (I have never seen it mentioned in the Business Times here in Ireland)

Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 PM

165 posts, read 605,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
L.A isn't really urban, but its not suburban either. It's kind of a mix of both, but when comparing it to New York, San Francisco, and Chicago, it falls more suburban.
Is San Fransisco urban in the same way as Chicago and NYC?
I thought LA would have been the most urban in Cali at least?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City