Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA vs Chicago
LA 161 42.59%
Chicago 217 57.41%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM

25 posts, read 61,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
People actually gave this guy rep points. LOL. Keep it real man! Tell it as it is! The sillyness this forum is turning into is actually highly entertaining.

Hey WestsideLA, what do you think of my city of Pittsburgh?
its just as ugly, depressing and as rough as Chicago.

The only good big cities outside of the west cost are NYC, DC, Boston. the rest are all crappy.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:27 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,616 times
Quote:
People actually gave this guy rep points. LOL. Keep it real man! Tell it as it is! The sillyness this forum is turning into is actually highly entertaining.

Hey WestsideLA, what do you think of my city of Pittsburgh?
i wonder where all these random people bashing chicago are coming from
the city vs. city forum is becoming a joke!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,631,837 times
[quote=dementor;8774288]Right. And this happend when? More than hudread years ago?
QUOTE]

Yeah, it happend a long time ago; you're right about that. Just like the Declaration of Independance. How long ago was that! Why still follow a piece of paper that was written SO long ago.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideLA View Post

The only good big cities outside of the west cost are NYC, DC, Boston. the rest are all crappy.
Are those the only three adjectives you know? Have you been to any of these places you bash? Oh, why am I even asking. Your just a 15 year old pimply kid that lives at home, and troll message boards at your local highschool. Atleast some of post from work like adults.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Who knows. Atlanta? Maybe Houston? Some kid in Houston gets a name "WestsideLA", and goes to town bashing Chicago. That way when people bash LA back, they arn't bashing his hometown which may be Dallas, or anyother city.

You are right. It is becoming silly. But for some reason it is addicting entertainment when at work.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
no...it's just that people who live in places like California have things to do with our lives than live on this forum. it seems like everyone on here is from them illinois, nebraska, indiana/i.e. ugly, cold mid western places who will vote their decaying cities above everywhere else.

i would probably be bored and spend my life on here too if i lived there. Chicago is the ugliest and coldest big city ive ever been to..its so gritty and nasty and everyone there is so ugly. no wonder they all dream of living in CA.
It’s probably a good thing you have no desire to leave your hood because you would make yourself look like an ignorant jackass in other parts of the country. It may be cool to play stupid in LA, but people in most other regions prefer to live their daily lives with some sort of moderate level of intellect.

Really, after reading through some of your posts, you should have just said “Folks, I’m dumber than a box of rocks” because that is exactly how you have presented yourself.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
Quote:

Los angeles doesn't even have sidewalks and people keep chickens in their houses.

It's dusty and brown.

You have earthquakes.

You rely on your suburbs to bring you fame.

The only reason anyone cares about L.A. is because the media is constantly brainwashing you with stupid shows set in L.A.

Chicago has managed to be known without any stupid media attention.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Your just a 15 year old pimply kid that lives at home, and troll message boards at your local highschool. Atleast some of post from work like adults.
Lol, that was my first guess. I was going to ask if he was pissed off because some kids were bullying him in 3rd period study hall.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:42 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Did it ever occur to you that to many people Chicago really is boring uninspiring and ugly? C'mon. I can take you on a trip just few blocks away from the Loop whee the city transformes from a tourist attraction to a very chaotic and fugly post-industrial dump.
I think Chicago was getting away with many claims of greatness just because not that many people visit Chicago and can't confront those claims with reality. For you it may seem like a joke, but to many, Chicago is the joke, especially when confronted with all the claims we can read at city-data.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Did it ever occur to you that to many people Chicago really is boring uninspiring and ugly? C'mon. I can take you on a trip just few blocks away from the Loop whee the city transformes from a tourist attraction to a very chaotic and fugly post-industrial dump.
I think Chicago was getting away with many claims of greatness just because not that many people visit Chicago and can't confront those claims with reality. For you it may seem like a joke, but to many, Chicago is the joke, especially when confronted with all the claims we can read at city-data.
Wait, is this serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City