Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA vs Chicago
LA 161 42.59%
Chicago 217 57.41%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Richest city on Earth is Zurich. NY is 11, LA is 14 and Chicago is 16.
I do not think so. NYC has the largest GDP in the world. NYC's mayor is a 6th wealthiest person in the US. Can you top that?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideLA View Post
.......and even with all that you still live in chicago which washes it all away.

I have a nice luxury condo, a nice car (yes, BMW) can drive to the beach, can go skiing, can be entertained, enjoy year round perfect weather and live in a center of influence.

meanwhile you live in an nasty, freezing, city with declining population, filthy trains and decaying roads. thats why nobody with money would live in chicago which is nothing more than a glorified ghetto. it's a dump.
Wow, are you this arrogant to everybody? The biggest question is, how does somebody with your intellect get to afford all those things?

You fit into that spoiled, uneducated, rich boy from Southern California, that has the intellect of a monkey stereotype.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,295 times
Quote:
.......and even with all that you still live in chicago which washes it all away.

I have a nice luxury condo, a nice car (yes, BMW) can drive to the beach, can go skiing, can be entertained, enjoy year round perfect weather and live in a center of influence.

thats why nobody with money would live in chicago which is nothing more than a glorified ghetto. it's a dump.
It still doesn’t negate the fact that people have such high debt to income ratios they can't even sleep at night. I would give up skiing if it meant I would have financial security and local and state governments who give a damn about its LEGAL CITIZENS.

LA is a cesspool of gangs, illegal immigrants, and a fiscally irresponsible governments.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM

25 posts, read 61,957 times
Quote:
Richest city on Earth is Zurich. NY is 11, LA is 14 and Chicago is 16.
uhhhh. no.

we should measure wealth by gdp/median income/millioniare/billionaires. chicago is far below LA.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
I do not think so. NYC has the largest GDP in the world. NYC's mayor is a 6th wealthiest person in the US. Can you top that?
GDP is NOT an indicator as to the wealth of a city. If you want to live in a "rich city", you compare personal net incomes, and that my friend, makes Zurich the richest city in the world.

And no, I do not have to top that. You aren't making any good points, sir.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,712 times
Quote:
It still doesn’t negate the fact that people have such high debt to income ratios they can't even sleep at night. I would give up skiing if it meant I would have financial security and local and state governments who give a damn about its LEGAL CITIZENS.

LA is a cesspool of gangs, illegal immigrants, and a fiscally irresponsible governments.

Yeah. Chicago is blessed with great governments. Almost as much as the state with governors. LA is gand invested yet Chicago has higher crima per capita rates in each and every category including murder. Also, Illinois allows unlicensed, illegal drivers to register their cars w/o proof on inusrance resulting in streets filled with third-world drivers w/o licenses and insurance. How stupid can Illinois actually get?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM

25 posts, read 61,957 times
Quote:
[FONT=Verdana]It still doesn’t negate the fact that people have such high debt to income ratios they can't even sleep at night. I would give up skiing if it meant I would have financial security and local and state governments who give a damn about its LEGAL CITIZENS.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]LA is a cesspool of gangs, illegal immigrants, and a fiscally irresponsible governments.[/FONT]
I don't care about "people", i care about ME and my lifestyle is far above the average person living in that dumpy city chicago. i can afford to live a nice life and my lifestyle is more enviable than a person living in that dumpy chicago.

Chicago is a cesspool of illegal immigrants, CRIME CRIME CRIME (most dangerous city) and CORRUPTION. lol, look at your officials. CORRUPTION! Your crappy incompetent police can't even keep that warzone safe! i guess you need NYPD or LAPD to school your worthless police force. Or maybe chicagoans just attracts a lot of animals who can't be controlled?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,449,301 times
Quote:
moscow is NOT the richest city on the planet. who told you that lie?

they USED to barely have the most billioniare residents but half of them lost their wealth during the past year. nyc has the most followed by london and sf.

chicago barely has any hahahahahahahahahaha. rich people prefer better cities than giant ghetto/value-pack ****cago.
I was basing it off of the fact that it had the most billionaires on the planet...it's also the most expensive city on the planet. I'm just making the point that Moscow isn't some trashy city that people make it out to be. It's a gorgeous place...easily the most beautiful subway stations in the world, every stop is like a museum.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
uhhhh. no.

we should measure wealth by gdp/median income/millioniare/billionaires. chicago is far below LA.
Technically a median income is an averaged indicator of all 4 of those. (Just to save you some trouble and research)

Old 05-12-2009, 01:32 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,094 times
Quote:
I don't care about "people", i care about ME and my lifestyle is far above the average person living in that dumpy city chicago. i can afford to live a nice life and my lifestyle is more enviable than a person living in that dumpy chicago.

Chicago is a cesspool of illegal immigrants, CRIME CRIME CRIME (most dangerous city) and CORRUPTION. lol, look at your officials. CORRUPTION! Your crappy police can't even keep that warzone safe!

chicago = filthy, decayed, dangerous POS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City