Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What state is most dominated by the redneck/hillbilly/hick culture
Alabama 12 23.08%
Arkansas 10 19.23%
Florida 1 1.92%
Georgia 2 3.85%
Kentucky 4 7.69%
Louisiana 1 1.92%
Mississippi 3 5.77%
North Carolina 0 0%
Oklahoma 1 1.92%
South Carolina 0 0%
Tennessee 3 5.77%
Texas 6 11.54%
Virginia 0 0%
West Virginia 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
oh, i am sorry

i made a spelling mistake in a forum. i don't look over anything in this forum. i post and move one
I'd suggest checking your spelling and punctuation whenever you attempt to insult anothers intelligence

This is not an insult, just advice

Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
You are from Texas and this is what I am talking about with the bible belt culture here.
Ok...another example of how slang/idiom can be mistranslated across regional lines. Let me explain:

The preface "In front of God and everybody" is an old Southern expression which is not necessarily associated with religion and/or belief. It kinda translates into that one has made a concrete statement in which they better be able to back up.

Quote:
Do you think that I care what god thinks? Um..... I dont.

I dont believe in ANY religion.
LOL Well, I'd rather have Him on my side than on the other! I happen to believe. Firmly. But that is just me.

Quote:
Sorry! I will never drop hick, redneck or hillbilly from my vocab
But I should drop "yankee"? You gotta be kiddin' with this double-standard. C'mon....

But anyway, I need to tell you my favorite "yankee" joke:

This yankee fellow moves down to Texas to find a job (I aint gonna say nuthin' hee hee) and joins his co-workers at the bar after work. The Texans start talking of Texas history and heroes and all (Alamo, Sam Houston, Hood's Texas Brigade, etc).

Finally, the northerer has had enough. He blurts out "You Texans think you were created on Day One. We have heroes up where I come from too"

One Texan, a bit confused, but geninuely curious asks "Like who?"

The yankee rejoins "Well, like Paul Revere..." He sits there with smug satisfaction...

The Texas bunch exchange baffled look for a minute or so....until one of them snaps his fingers and says:

"Oh yeah...wasn't he that guy who ran out of the house in the middle of the night hollerin' for help...?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Also, let me through this in. Someone else wanted me to start this thread. They did not have the guts to start it. I have been getting rep points out of the ying yang for my post in this thread. MANY people feel this way. They just wont say it
Well, I will give you this, NYC, you are no coward. You stand up for what you believe.

At the same time though...I can't believe how you don't seem to grasp that you come across as the stereotypical yankee. And I say this as a friend, my friend! That is, a northerner who lives in the South because they can't get the job up north....yet do nothing but condemn the place that has offered them a nice place to stay, meanwhile...

Last edited by TexasReb; 05-16-2009 at 04:12 PM..

Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
I am posting while watching the movie that just came out called Pride and Glory

I have an MBA.

I noticed that you are a real estate agent. You need a GED for that job. LOL
You need an MBA to wait tables?

Old 05-16-2009, 04:03 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You need an MBA to wait tables?
I love how you avoided my question

I love the fact that you are a real estate agent and you are making fun of someone elses career

Do you have a high school diploma?

You only need a GED to be a real estate agent. LOL

I am 25. I just started my career. You are mid 40's and have gotten nowhere. LOL

Old 05-16-2009, 04:04 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'd suggest checking your spelling and punctuation whenever you attempt to insult anothers intelligence

This is not an insult, just advice
I have an MBA from The Univ of SC.

I know the difference between throw and through

Old 05-16-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:

I love the fact that you are a real estate agent and you are making fun of someone elses career

Do you have a high school dimploma?

I am 25. I just started my career. You are mid 40's and have gotten nowhere. LOL
keep this going and hopefully someone will close this thread!

Old 05-16-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I have an MBA from The Univ of SC.

I know the difference between throw and through
Never said you did or didn't, but expect people to point out your grammatical errors if you are insulting people's intelligence.

2,413 posts, read 5,749,070 times
Quote:
What state is most dominated by the redneck/hillbilly/hick culture
Here we go again. Dude, you complain to much .

806 posts, read 2,959,742 times
Quote:

Do you have a high school diploma?

Holy crap Batman! YOU HAVE AN MBA. YOU'RE MY HERO OMG. I'm so sorry I've ever argued against you in the past. The MBA is the best intellectual statement one can make!

Good god, Sir, if I had known you had an MBA.. I might tip you more!

I got a masters degree in engineering and some real estate agents are quite wealthy. But then again you have an MBA which a retard could obtain!

Old 05-16-2009, 04:11 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,742 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm sure you could become an Assistant Manager some day. Really stick it to the man, huh?

I know real estate who take him 6 figs but you wouldn't know anything about that.

I do want fries with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City