U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Philly vs Bos
Philadelphia 221 50.92%
Boston 213 49.08%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:18 AM

3,039 posts, read 992,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Since 1897.
The one time I went to Boston I felt like I was in Hartford or Stamford and never seen a subway stop. I guess the person who took me was not that good in showing me what Boston had to offer. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 AM

149 posts, read 77,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
That chowder though.

Also, where is the best snapper soup in Philadelphia?

Googled snapper soup, and the second link is Philly I guess.

https://www.google.com/search?q=snap...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 PM

3,384 posts, read 3,774,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The one time I went to Boston I felt like I was in Hartford or Stamford and never seen a subway stop. I guess the person who took me was not that good in showing me what Boston had to offer. Lol
There possibly could be alot of things that person may be good at (we all have our talents right?) But showing people around is not one of them.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
There possibly could be alot of things that person may be good at (we all have our talents right?) But showing people around is not one of them.
It was the city he grew up in which is why I was surprised at the awful tour.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:45 PM

4,265 posts, read 7,189,266 times
Quote:
Boston is 48 square miles and Philly is 150. If you geographically included the municipalities surrounding Boston into its borders to make 150 square miles, Boston equals Philly in population.
That's a very fair point. I think that's one of the most fascinating aspects about Boston. Philly has its share of more urban suburbs for sure, but they're structured more like villages compared to the array of pretty substantial downtowns outside of Boston like Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, Quincy, Chelsea, Lynn, Salem, etc. etc.

So yeah, the overall urban scope of both areas is very similar, but I'd argue that Boston is a bit more "multi-nodal" than Philly, which REALLY concentrates its density within the Philly city limits.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:46 PM

10,894 posts, read 7,712,980 times
Quote:
You didn't see the small buildings around the city that people were flowing in and out of in large numbers?

Old 05-19-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
You didn't see the small buildings around the city that people were flowing in and out of in large numbers?
I don't believe so that's why I have to return and add it to my list of cities to visit before the year is over.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:27 PM

3,966 posts, read 1,938,119 times
Quote:
i wonder where in boston you were. i have to find the post but there was a poster some time back complaining about how boring boston was. come to find out they were in the birkshires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City