Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And Colonial Drive looks just like about 10,000,000 other roads that can be found throughout the country. I can think of several in Cherry Hill that look identical.

You are grasping at straws now.
I would love to see a thread on the Miami forum to see how many people from Miami would agree with you. This is the first time I have ever heard of Orlando being compared to Miami. It is often compared to Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Orlando is more like Tampa and Jacksonville.
Did you get mugged here or something? Comparing downtown Orlando to Jacksonville??? HAHAHA. There is nobody that I know of that would ever compare these two downtown districts. Everyone that I have ever brought to Orlando is SHOCKED at how cool and lively the main areas downtown are. Jacksonville's dejected downtown is a far cry from the pretty streets around Lake Eola. Show me a single cool bar or restaurant in downtown Jax...please. There isn't one. I have been there many times as my corporate headquarters are downtown. The place sucks, and there is absolutely NO comparison to a cosmopolitan downtown like Orlando. Are there jazz brunch spots like Desters? Unique restaurants like Ceviche, Grafitti Junction, CityFish, and Hue? All there is is old, empty buildings and a few new condos with nothing around them. Have fun at Hooters.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
I would love to see a thread on the Miami forum to see how many people from Miami would agree with you. This is the first time I have ever heard of Orlando being compared to Miami. It is often compared to Tampa.
Well, then why don't you start one?

You have said many, many times in many threads throughout the forum that the only "real" city in Florida is Miami. You and many others from the NE always give Miami a pass, but never the rest of the State.

Unfortunately, many people in South Florida would probably agree with this mindset.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Comparing downtown Orlando to Jacksonville???.
Like I said Orlando is often compared to Tampa. But the rest of the city is very similar to Jacksonville. But if it makes you feel better to think Orlando is like Miami then go at it.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, many people in South Florida would probably agree with this mindset.
South Floridians are Floridians so their opinion should count!

Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Like I said Orlando is often compared to Tampa. But the rest of the city is very similar to Jacksonville. But if it makes you feel better to think Orlando is like Miami then go at it.
Please explain to us how the rest of the city is very similar to Jacksonville?

They look nothing alike. How many brick homes are there in Orlando? How many neighborhoods in Orlando resemble Riverside-Avondale, San Marco or Mandarin?

How many Jacksonville neighborhoods look similar to College Park, Thornton Park, Winter Park, Maitland, Baldwin Park, Delaney Park, Conway?

There is very, very little that these two places have in common with the exception of being in the same State, as I have already mentioned.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
South Floridians are Floridians so their opinion should count!
That would, and has been a HUGE debate. Both here, and on the ground in Florida.

You probably already know this.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,386 times
Quote:

You're right...there isn't even a passing resemblance to anything in Miami. Here are some beautiful downtown Orlando pics for the non-haters to enjoy:

http://www.eolaparkrealty.com/images/Thornton_Park_Central/Thornton%20Park%20Central.jpg (broken link)

http://orlando.condocompany.com/Orlando/Eola-South/images/Eola%20South%20Condominiums.jpg (broken link)

http://extimages2.living.net/ImagesHomeProd3/FL/idx/photos/midflregional/65/O4902255.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Pete C; 06-09-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 PM

^LOL! Yeah, looks just like a carbon-copy of Jacksonville alright.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
^LOL! Yeah, looks just like a carbon-copy of Jacksonville alright.
Please tell where in those hand selected pics do you see a similarity to Miami? I can hand pick pictures like that from Tampa or Jacksonville too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City