Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Shack in NY or Mansion in Florida
Shack in NY 21 31.82%
Mansion in Florida 45 68.18%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Is the only way for FL to win anything around here.
Just did it to prove a point after I read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Would you rather live in a mansion in Florida or a shack in NY. Majority picked the shack in NY. They were from all over the country.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
That was not the question.

It was shack not studio apartment.

If your choice is to live in a SHACK in NY rather than a MANSION in Florida that is your choice. No one is telling you are wrong for it even though I feel it would be a poor choice.
You can go back to the semantics all you want. I just summed up the crux of the disagreement, so this hypothetical is just posturing. You know as well as us all that what TANaples meant originally by Shack in NY vs Mansion in FL was relative poverty in New York(Sub par living conditions compared to what money would buy in FL, paycheck to paycheck, little discretionary income) vs relative plenty in FL. Whether we would literally live in shacks is hyperbole.

So my answer is that I would live in below average conditions for above average money in New York, and I and others fully intend to do so.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
You can go back to the semantics all you want. I just summed up the crux of the disagreement, so this hypothetical is just posturing. You know as well as us all that what TANaples meant originally by Shack in NY vs Mansion in FL was relative poverty in New York(Sub par living conditions compared to what money would buy in FL, paycheck to paycheck, little discretionary income) vs relative plenty in FL. Whether we would literally live in shacks is hyperbole.

So my answer is that I would live in below average conditions for above average money in New York, and I and others fully intend to do so.
Nothing hypothetical about a straight forward question.

I put a poll up so obviously I was expecting answers.

Feel free to start your own poll with your own criteria.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:22 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
I voted for a mansion in Florida because that shack looks pretty rugged and it seems to be in the middle of nowhere. However, put that shack in NYC, and I may have to take the shack.

I don't hate Florida like most of the people on this site seem to. I would love to have a vacation/retirement home down there. While I probably couldn't live in Fla, I still think it's a beautiful place...though the traffic is enough to drive you insane.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
You didn't vote that way.

Do you want to ask a mod to change your vote?
Your poll does not even make sense. If you're implying that THAT shack is comparable in price to THAT mansion, then you have a lot of traveling to do before you can understand reality.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Your poll does not even make sense. If you're implying that THAT shack is comparable in price to THAT mansion, then you have a lot of traveling to do before you can understand reality.
My poll makes all the sense in the world if you just take it straight up as the question it is.

It has nothing to do with cost or how much money someone has.

Just, which you would rather live in.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Did you expect anything else from the OP?

You are about the fifth person that has this opinion

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Did you expect anything else from the OP?

You are about the fifth person that has this opinion
It makes perect sense. If you can not understand a straight forward question there is not much I can do for you.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
I wouldn't mind having a mansion on Sea Island Florida..."America's most expensive zip code."
Higher than anywhere in both NYC. or California...JEEZ Florida is not that bad...This thread has got to be one of the most insane on CD..

Old 05-20-2009, 10:10 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I wouldn't mind having a mansion on Sea Island Florida..."America's most expensive zip code."
Higher than anywhere in both NYC. or California...JEEZ Florida is not that bad...This thread has got to be one of the most insane on CD..
Yup, nothing like hanging out with a bunch of retirees from NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City