U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which skyline do youb like better??
Atlanta 132 43.85%
Pittsburgh 169 56.15%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:22 PM
 
4,675 posts, read 7,764,128 times
Reputation: 1230

Advertisements

Atlanta wins hands down. A better comparison for Pittsburgh would be Charlotte, Cleveland, Tampa, etc. Atlanta would be best compared to Seattle, Philadelphia, LA, Minneapolis. NYC, Chicago, and SFC can't be touched by any other U.S. city IMO.

 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:43 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,383 posts, read 14,978,301 times
Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Thats what I said.But here in this thread, Atlanta has QUALITY and QUANITY.Besides those cities being larger have nothing to do with it because if that were the case there would be more images for cities that have larger populations.Clearly from the list this is not true.Philly,Detroit, are larger than Atlanta yet have less image results.Miami is smaller population wise but has more images than Atlanta.Your logic is flawed.
Unfortunatly, your logic is much more flawed. Rating a skyline comparison off of google results. wow.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,625,495 times
Reputation: 7223
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Atlanta wins hands down. A better comparison for Pittsburgh would be Charlotte, Cleveland, Tampa, etc. Atlanta would be best compared to Seattle, Philadelphia, LA, Minneapolis. NYC, Chicago, and SFC can't be touched by any other U.S. city IMO.
SF skyline isn't exactly anything amazing.....
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 11,757,796 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
SF skyline isn't exactly anything amazing.....
I disagree.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
2,851 posts, read 5,398,777 times
Reputation: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowh View Post
Unfortunatly, your logic is much more flawed. Rating a skyline comparison off of google results. wow.
How about this comparison.

Pittsburgh
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=327

Atlanta
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=36

Like I said before Atlanta wins here too with more, taller and more interesting skyscrapers. (almost 5 pages over 50m compared to Pittsburghs 2 pages)
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:35 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,383 posts, read 14,978,301 times
Reputation: 1575
Unfortunately, you logic is still very flawed. Aesthetics are not measured in height
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
2,851 posts, read 5,398,777 times
Reputation: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowh View Post
Unfortunately, you logic is still very flawed. Aesthetics are not measured in height
I said they were not only taller and more numerous. But that Atlanta's skyscrapers are more interesting. Just look at both collections yourself. Atlanta's have way more variety of design and style with most of Pittsburgh's being of the simple box variety.

But then after a second look some of Pittsburgh's towers do have a little pizzazz. It's just that most of them are so much shorter than ATL's and they're not even half as many as Atlanta has.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,383 posts, read 14,978,301 times
Reputation: 1575
The individual buildings do look great. But they look like they are competing for attention, which doesn't mold into a very great skyline. Having boring, infill buildings really can make a skyline look great
 
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,625,495 times
Reputation: 7223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I disagree.
SF is not in the same league as Chicago and New York City when it comes to skyline.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
 
115 posts, read 235,035 times
Reputation: 28
And none of them can compete with Pittsburgh's amazing skyline that is No. 1 in the USA (as for cities) and I'd say NYC is No. 2 (as you're coming up US 1/9 towards the Holland Tunnel, off of I280).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
SF is not in the same league as Chicago and New York City when it comes to skyline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top