Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which skyline do youb like better??
Atlanta 132 43.85%
Pittsburgh 169 56.15%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 PM

115 posts, read 266,486 times

Advertisements

Plus, ATL is a big ghetto@@@

Old 07-15-2009, 12:22 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailrunner79 View Post
Plus, ATL is a big ghetto@@@
That blows the Pittsburgh skyline out of the water all day, every day.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:29 PM

Sorry, PGH is in another league compared to ATL. BTW, when will ATL ever win a title? Take your enormous and over crowded city, Pittsburgh is a nice, small, relaxed, fun and superstar sports city that ATL dreams of being. Plus, your traffic is horrible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
That blows the Pittsburgh skyline out of the water all day, every day.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry, PGH is in another league compared to ATL. BTW, when will ATL ever win a title? Take your enormous and over crowded city, Pittsburgh is a nice, small, relaxed, fun and superstar sports city that ATL dreams of being. Plus, your traffic is horrible!
Afraid you got it backwards pal. Although, I must say it was nice to get that new little PNC building in your Downtown recently. Sorry, it can't be called a highrise as you can barely see it behind all of the older, worn out buildings.

And this thread is about skylines, not silly sports titles. If that is all the region has to rally around, that is simply pathetic. But I know how yinzers can be........

Old 07-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Actually, sports are a huge part of culture in the USA. The Steelers and Pen's are both ranked top 10 most profitable sports franchises in the USA (big four sports). The Pen's are No. 4, seeing a 400% increase in revenue over the past couple of years alone! I think you're jealous.
Quote:
Afraid you got it backwards pal. Although, I must say it was nice to get that new little PNC building in your Downtown recently. Sorry, it can't be called a highrise as you can barely see it behind all of the older, worn out buildings.

And this thread is about skylines, not silly sports titles. If that is all the region has to rally around, that is simply pathetic. But I know how yinzers can be........

Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM

It really comes down to what YOU like and enjoy. Some love sports and recreation, others would rather have endless dining opportunities, or music, or theater, or ballet, outdoors, etc...It's all about personal preference. Sports make Pittsburgh great and that's what Pittsburgh is known for. Every city has it's trademark.
Quote:
I could care less. I live in a City that has all of the major sports. I would rather spend my time and money on other, more important things.

See, when you live in a major metro area, we have many more things to keep us occupied.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:06 PM

The "Hill" is now venturing over to the North Side, and even worse, the outer boroughs of Shaler! North Side has seen huge spikes in crime since the gentrification of the "Hill"

However, the Hill will be damn nice soon!
Quote:
Sorry, but doesn't that describe The HILL, where the new Arena is going in?

I think you're confused.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
BTW, Pittsburgh also has two Top Tier Universities and one of the best Medical Centers in the World! can't say that for ATL.

CMU - Top 5 University
Pitt - Top 60 University
Both Tier 1

UPMC - Arguably the No. medical center in the country. OR Cal.
This thread is about skylines, not universities.

But since you brought it up, Atlanta is a MAJOR college town in the U.S. that BLOWS Pittsburgh out of the water in that category too. Trust me, you really do not want to go there.

And what exactly is UPMC? I have never heard of it. Is that a county hospital complex or something?

You are waaaaaaaay out of your league here, pal.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM

UPMC -

UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - Best Hospitals - US News and World Report

Quote:

But since you brought it up, Atlanta is a MAJOR college town in the U.S. that BLOWS Pittsburgh out of the water in that category too. Trust me, you really do not want to go there.

And what exactly is UPMC? I have never heard of it. Is that a county hospital complex or something?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 PM

HAHA - PA blows GA away when it comes to colleges!!!

PA has:

Penn State
Pitt
CMU
Bucknell
Villanova
LeHigh
Penn

and that's just to name a couple of the top 50 ranked universities in the state of PA!!!

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City