Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times

Advertisements

Delaware and New Hampshire for nothing more than the simple fact I'm unaware of anything particularly special in those states, most likely my fault and not theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 03:57 AM

1,854 posts, read 4,919,196 times
Idaho: The biggest practical joke in history.

psst. Guess what? IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! And now that you know it doesn't exist, has your life changed at all? Nope. That's my point exactly.

Mississippi: Just because it seems like it sucks.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Lol, so you admit Texas is way beaten in something? Besides without New York and New Jersey, New England would fall off into the ocean!
Yes, in the ego catagory I humbly hand the crown to NY!

Old 06-18-2009, 05:57 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
I say drop New York because it will decrease the arrogant population of the country by about 50%.

Then drop Oklahoma because Oklahoma sucks.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:00 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,477 times
California and Massachusetts. Main homes of the liberals. (Of course, all the Libs would have to stay there).

Old 06-18-2009, 06:34 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_LAX View Post
Idaho: The biggest practical joke in history.

psst. Guess what? IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! And now that you know it doesn't exist, has your life changed at all? Nope. That's my point exactly.

Mississippi: Just because it seems like it sucks.
By all means, base your assumptions on old reruns of In the Heat of the Night .
BTW, Idaho is gorgeous.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Texas - it's pretty much its own country, and they would prefer it that way anyway (they would gladly build a wall around Austin too, and link it to the shortest route to the rest of the states).
Why would Austin build a wall?

And I guarantee they'd have more loyalty to Texas than to the rest of the states. So I don't get the link remark either. Houston and Dallas are the ones with the large, international airports. When I lived in Austin, it seemed like there were a lot more native Texans there than in places like Houston and Dallas. And being that it's the state capital, there was Texan culture, symbols etc everywhere.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I say drop New York because it will decrease the arrogant population of the country by about 50%.

Then drop Oklahoma because Oklahoma sucks.
Still fuming about the BCS?

Still though it would be a tragedy to lose the Red River Shootout, one of the greatest games of the season. 45-35.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:01 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Still fuming about the BCS?

Still though it would be a tragedy to lose the Red River Shootout, one of the greatest games of the season. 45-35.
Oklahoma has sucked long before the BCS and will continue to suck long after each and every one of us on this forum is dead. That's just the natural order of things

Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM

37 posts, read 109,389 times
If you dumped Louisiana, college sports would just suck now wouldn't they (GEAUX TIGERS!!)? Really if you dumped any state in the South, you're sports would suck, professional sports would really suck haha. What would happen to the NBA and NFL if there were no southerners there. HAHAHAHAHA. It would all be a joke.

On a more serious note and off of my CWS high... The South is so, so rich in history. You would be losing an important chunk of American culture. Plus, half of you're states wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the LA purchase . Plus, you wouldn't have the REAL mardi gras in your country. What a shame that would be.

On the plus side, Britney Spears wouldn't be from the U.S. anymore. LMAO.

IMO, Hawaii and Alaska. They don't want to be with us anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City