Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 AM

631 posts, read 1,575,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why it took 17 posts for Texas to be mentioned.
There's one on the first page i believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 05:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why it took 17 posts for Texas to be mentioned.
I'm the OP..I eliminated Florida(my state) and Texas(independant streak). I meant NO disrespect to TEXAS, some of my BEST FORUM FRIENDS are from TEXAS and they seem to be some of the nicest and most informed posters we have here. I think most states got nixed...one way or another. Except my BELOVED PENNSYLVANIA...LOL.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
There's one on the first page i believe.
That's what I was referring to. I figured it would've happened a lot sooner.

Not that I really care.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:07 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Arkansas and Mississippi...blemishes on the face of this country.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM

672 posts, read 1,789,021 times
CA for sure.

Being the third superpower would have its advantages.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
Balance a budget first and we can start talking about "superpower."

Then again it's not like the first superpower isn't winging it on debt, though it'll be interesting to see how that turns out in time.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
You obviously know very little about your US states. Arizona consists of the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale area which is a larger metro area than the San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, St. Louis, Portland, Denver, Las Vegas, and Charlotte metro areas. Moreover, Arizona is home to 11 Fortune 500 companies and sports teams like the Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, and Arizona Diamondbacks; it's also home to the University of Arizona and Arizona State . That said, I'd consider Arizona a pretty important state.

As far as New Mexico goes, it's home to Albuquerque which is the 34th largest city in the US and the 6th fastest growing city for business and industry in the US, according to CNN Money.

Hopefully, this answers your question as to why both of these states are important. If anything, there are many other states (such as South Dakota, North Dakota, Idaho, etc) that are much less important than Arizona and New Mexico.
Idaho is more important than Arizona because Idaho is a much more beautiful state Just having fun, but the joke aside, what makes Idaho so important is that within the states boundaries are the largest roadless true forested/mountain wilderness areas left in the lower 48 along with the cleanest air. Idaho also has the most whitewater river miles of any state in the lower 48 as well as the largest and most diverse populations of big game and the largest concentration of natural lakes in the West. As far as business stats there are plenty to back up that Idaho is a remarkable state and it survives on its own water supplies where as cities like Phoenix are disasters waiting to happen because it is so large and built in a desert where a city shouldn't be.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM

126 posts, read 408,737 times
Arizona & Nevada--no water or really any other natural resources for that matter and both states economies are overly based on consumption. Sorry, but they are deadweight to the rest of the nation.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
CA for sure.

I must say your posts are always so humble and modest... .

Old 01-22-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
Idaho is more important than Arizona because Idaho is a much more beautiful state Just having fun, but the joke aside, what makes Idaho so important is that within the states boundaries are the largest roadless true forested/mountain wilderness areas left in the lower 48 along with the cleanest air. Idaho also has the most whitewater river miles of any state in the lower 48 as well as the largest and most diverse populations of big game and the largest concentration of natural lakes in the West. As far as business stats there are plenty to back up that Idaho is a remarkable state and it survives on its own water supplies where as cities like Phoenix are disasters waiting to happen because it is so large and built in a desert where a city shouldn't be.
I must add that I like Boise too much to nix Idaho..... .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City