Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I dont think for a moment that you can draw a conclusion based on that. The Dallas market had Kramer and Twitch on the air for years. The ratings were high and they made Lex and Terry look like pre-school teachers. They only got taken off the air because one of their pranks was saying that Brittney Spears got killed and a bunch of people called the police.

The Eagle sucks anyway. Its just an endless loop of AC/DC, Metallica, Guns and Roses, and Led Zepplin. The playlist is stale. I wish they had a station like the Bear in Waco. That station will bust out the Slipknot, All that Remains, Mudvayne, and Marilyn Manson at 8am.

The funny thing is, Ive never seen "Dallitude" outside of uptown. For god sakes, 60% of this city was born in another country or another state.

Commercial radio sucks in general anyhow. I miss my satellite radio, but ever since Sirius and XM merged, the quality of their music has gone down since the guy in charge of Sirius was more concerned about being more mainstream, while music lovers were more drawn to XM. Now that music is mostly generic crap. I stick to Pandora and Slacker nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Lex and Terry got pulled out of the Dallas Market? But Kid Kraddick is still number 1 there. Which shows the mentality of that city. I guess it's too much for Dallasites when people think different from them.
I'm not sure if it means anything, but I don't personally know a single Dallasite that even listens to the radio anymore. Granted, I am still in a young demographic (early 20s), but radio just isn't something anyone my age pays the slightest bit of attention to.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Commercial radio sucks in general anyhow. I miss my satellite radio, but ever since Sirius and XM merged, the quality of their music has gone down since the guy in charge of Sirius was more concerned about being more mainstream, while music lovers were more drawn to XM. Now that music is mostly generic crap. I stick to Pandora and Slacker nowadays.
Agreed with this as well, although I'd change the second to last sentence to "Now that mainstream music is mostly crap"

Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Agreed with this as well, although I'd change the second to last sentence to "Now that mainstream music is mostly crap"

Say that again! I listen to music from the 80's and 90s mostly, as well as the funk records my dad raised me on nowadays.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I really hate to hear this as I wanted to get Sirius again.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I really hate to hear this as I wanted to get Sirius again.

I had reactivated it, and though I liked the talk channels (Opie & Anthony, Foxxhole), I could tell that the quality of the music had gone down since the last time I had them when it was just XM Radio.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,426 times
Yeah, but I still enjoy the jazz stations, especially the classic jazz.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:05 PM

221 posts, read 798,105 times
Is Fort Worth anything like Dallas?

Old 01-22-2010, 02:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin3465 View Post
Is Fort Worth anything like Dallas?
Yes they are alike; people will say they are very different, but that's exaggeration.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:43 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yes they are alike; people will say they are very different, but that's exaggeration.
I dont think they are anything alike. Dallas is much bigger, more cosmopolitan, and more materialistic. Fort Worth feels like a smaller city, its more laid back, more friendly, and more country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City