U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
 
737 posts, read 641,184 times
Reputation: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Oh i know, but San Antonio will have a system, that includes, a historic street car system, commuter, brt bus system, by the time the city reaches 3 million, roughly 2020-2025, way before Dallas did when it reached 3 million.
SmartWaySA.com
Is there a map of the SA Light Rail, street car, etc system proposal? I can't find it on that site.

I'm not trying to knock San Antonio too bad, it is my home town but they are behind the times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
 
Location: H-town!
1,016 posts, read 994,590 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It is not a spelling error...those don't bother me as much. This is a usage error - like using the wrong word.
No it's also a spelling error. If the word is misspelled it's a spelling error. If someone meant you're and they spelled it your, that is a misspelling. If someone means their and spells it there that is a misspelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 PM
 
7,852 posts, read 11,971,383 times
Reputation: 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
No it's also a spelling error. If the word is misspelled it's a spelling error. If someone meant you're and they spelled it your, that is a misspelling. If someone means their and spells it there that is a misspelling.
Good God...do you not understand the difference? Please stop this foolishness! When someone types your instead of you're, it IS NOT a typo or spelling error. It's a usage error. I teach English, son.

If someone accidentally typed yoir instead of your, that is a spelling error or a typo. Incorrect usage of your/you're is very different. They are two words with completely different meanings that are often misused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
 
Location: H-town!
1,016 posts, read 994,590 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Good God...do you not understand the difference? Please stop this foolishness! When someone types your instead of you're, it IS NOT a typo or spelling error. It's a usage error. I teach English, son.

If someone accidentally typed yoir instead of your, that is a spelling error or a typo. Incorrect usage of your/you're is very different. They are two words with completely different meanings that are often misused.
Well once you stop your foolishness the foolishness will stop. It's a spelling error. It looks like we agree to disagree. If you get this mad over such a small thing then you have anger management issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM
 
7,852 posts, read 11,971,383 times
Reputation: 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
Well once you stop your foolishness the foolishness will stop. It's a spelling error. It looks like we agree to disagree. If you get this mad over such a small thing then you have anger management issues.
It's not up for debate...it's a grammatical error, not a spelling error. Ask a few people who know and then come back, and be gracious enough to admit that your wrong.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. I'm not mad, but you're arguing something that is a KNOWN FACT. That does get a little irritating, and I would truly stop if I were you. Move on, you're wrong and that's that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
 
Location: H-town!
1,016 posts, read 994,590 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It's not up for debate...it's a grammatical error, not a spelling error. Ask a few people who know and then come back, and be gracious enough to admit that your wrong.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. I'm not mad, but you're arguing something that is a KNOWN FACT. That does get a little irritating, and I would truly stop if I were you. Move on, you're wrong and that's that.
No you are mad. The way you're talking to me it's obvious you're mad you just don't want to admit to it. I'm right and you're wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 11:07 PM
 
7,852 posts, read 11,971,383 times
Reputation: 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
No you are mad. The way you're talking to me it's obvious you're mad you just don't want to admit to it. I'm right and you're wrong.
You are SO wrong, and obviously not able to admit it. Did I tell you that I teach English? I happen to know this for a fact...check this out, from Five Grammatical Errors that Make You Look Dumb | Copyblogger

Quote:
1. Your vs. You’re

This one drives me insane, and it’s become extremely common among bloggers. All it takes to avoid this error is to take a second and think about what you’re trying to say.
“Your” is a possessive pronoun, as in “your car” or “your blog.” “You’re” is a contraction for “you are,” as in “you’re screwing up your writing by using your when you really mean you are.”
Did you pick up on it? Five GRAMMATICAL ERRORS that make you look dumb? Check this one out too: Free English Grammar Lessons and Tests

I'm not arguing this fact any further...now move on.

Last edited by DeaconJ; 10-08-2009 at 11:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 PM
 
Location: H-town!
1,016 posts, read 994,590 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You are SO wrong, and obviously not able to admit it. Did I tell you that I teach English? I happen to know this for a fact...check this out, from Five Grammatical Errors that Make You Look Dumb | Copyblogger



Did you pick up on it? Five GRAMMATICAL ERRORS that make you look dumb? Check this one out too: Free English Grammar Lessons and Tests

I'm not arguing this fact any further...now move on.
Once you pointed out that this is a grammatical error and not a spelling error I realized it at that time. The reason why I've been arguing with you is I didn't like the way you responded to my post. If you would have responded appropriately (nicely or the way you should have) then I wouldn't have argued with you about it. Instead you flew off the handle and acted like you got real mad about it which makes absolutely no sense at all. Let this be a lesson in the future. If you want to save yourself a lot of trouble treat people nicely and don't respond like you did tonight and things will go a lot smoother. Whether it's in real life or on City-Data when someone acts like an ***hole I will argue with them whether I'm right or not. The moral to the story is if they don't treat me with respect then I'm going to mess with them. It's that simple.

Last edited by Frodo2008; 10-08-2009 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: I misspelled a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
7,875 posts, read 6,636,864 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Good God...do you not understand the difference? Please stop this foolishness! When someone types your instead of you're, it IS NOT a typo or spelling error. It's a usage error. I teach English, son.

If someone accidentally typed yoir instead of your, that is a spelling error or a typo. Incorrect usage of your/you're is very different. They are two words with completely different meanings that are often misused.
LOL.This is too funny!!I know I do it plenty of times.To be honest I HATE it when I see it too late to change it.It makes me look stupid,because I know better.I guess as I get older my mind is not catching those errors as fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
7,875 posts, read 6,636,864 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
America's best restaurant cities 2007 - ForbesTraveler.com (http://www.forbestraveler.com/food-drink/restaurant-cities-slide-6.html?partner=playlist&thisSpeed=25000 - broken link)
Top 10 NEW RESTAURANTS IN THE U.S.2007
Trois-Atlanta /Houston-0/Dallas-0
2008:
#6)4th & Swift-Atlanta/Houston 0/Dallas-0
2006:
10)STEPHAN PYLES Dallas Atlanta-0/Houston-0

Top 40 U.S. Restaurants
1990:The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
2004:Seegers,The Dining Room,Buckhead Atlanta
2005:Joel-Atlanta
2006:Seegers-Atlanta
2007:Bacchanalia-Atlanta
2008:Georgian Room**(Sea Island,GA-not Atlanta)
Dallas nor Houston was ranked in ANY of these years.
Top Restaurants - 40 of the Best Restaurants in the U.S. from Gayot

Thats just the Dining.Hotels,Atlanta ranks with the best in the U.S.
3 Five Key Hotels-Atlanta.
0 Five Key-Houston
2 Five Key-Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top