U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-09-2009, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Dallas
1,366 posts, read 1,619,199 times
Reputation: 778

Advertisements

Off topic for a sec, I take issue when people say "could of" it's "could have" or "could've" for short. grrrrr. haha anyway, yes I think Dallas is a lil under represented on this site but oh well, not the end of the world.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-09-2009, 07:04 AM
 
Location: ITL (Houston)
9,210 posts, read 9,331,389 times
Reputation: 3535
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Oh i know, but San Antonio will have a system, that includes, a historic street car system, commuter, brt bus system, by the time the city reaches 3 million, roughly 2020-2025, way before Dallas did when it reached 3 million.
SmartWaySA.com
I'm not seeing all of that on there for SA.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
 
Location: The land of sugar... previously Houston and Austin
5,391 posts, read 9,604,082 times
Reputation: 3494
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Top 10 NEW RESTAURANTS IN THE U.S.2007
Give it up on the restaurants already!

There is a difference between having one or two restaurants with the highest ranking (also usually meaning they are enormously expensive, and most people will rarely frequent them) -- or having a great overall restaurant scene with a lot of wonderful restaurants, in many different genres and price levels.

IMO Houston wins on that one. It ranks as the #4 or #6 best restaurant city in the country (depending on the source... Wine Spectator, Esquire or Forbes).

Not saying the other cities aren't good, but Houston's strength is in number and variety of great places, not in having one or two 5-star places that most people will never use.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 21,080,494 times
Reputation: 6722
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Give it up on the restaurants already!

There is a difference between having one or two restaurants with the highest ranking (also usually meaning they are enormously expensive, and most people will rarely frequent them) -- or having a great overall restaurant scene with a lot of wonderful restaurants, in many different genres and price levels.

IMO Houston wins on that one. It ranks as the #4 or #6 best restaurant city in the country (depending on the source... Wine Spectator, Esquire or Forbes).

Not saying the other cities aren't good, but Houston's strength is in number and variety of great places, not in having one or two 5-star places that most people will never use.
Pretty much. A 5 star restaurant isn't just based on the quality of the food, but the quality of the restaurant and appeal as well.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: H-town!
1,164 posts, read 1,158,777 times
Reputation: 336
Houston isn't rated the best but it definitely has a pretty good restaurant scene though. Houston is good enough for any average Joe.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 11:38 AM
 
2,532 posts, read 3,939,431 times
Reputation: 1198
I've never had a bad meal in Houston. Ever. Y'all know how to EAT down there.

Atlanta on the other hand...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
 
7,851 posts, read 13,313,865 times
Reputation: 2641
Both Houston and Atlanta are well known for their highly-rated restaurant scenes. I'm not sure where Dallas ranks, but I bet it's in the top 10 as well.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
 
2,532 posts, read 3,939,431 times
Reputation: 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Both Houston and Atlanta are well known for their highly-rated restaurant scenes. I'm not sure where Dallas ranks, but I bet it's in the top 10 as well.

Don't get me wrong, I've had some absolutely WONDERFUL eating experiences here in Atlanta since I moved here (and before when I would visit), but I've been to enough places to notice bad service and bad meals can happen. Luckily, Atlanta is a super competitive restaurant market, so the bad places are weeded out with the quickness. Remember BED in Downtown?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Houston
10,656 posts, read 12,060,796 times
Reputation: 7155
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Both Houston and Atlanta are well known for their highly-rated restaurant scenes. I'm not sure where Dallas ranks, but I bet it's in the top 10 as well.
It really depends on what you like. If you like beef and red meat dishes, Ive had the best luck in the metroplex. For Seafood, Ive had the best food in Houston. And for Chicken based dishes, Ive had the best food in Atlanta.

Eating is good in all three cities.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 3,660,973 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
It really depends on what you like. If you like beef and red meat dishes, Ive had the best luck in the metroplex. For Seafood, Ive had the best food in Houston. And for Chicken based dishes, Ive had the best food in Atlanta.

Eating is good in all three cities.
Basically
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top