Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state is overall a better state, NC or GA?
North Carolina 35 33.33%
Georgia 70 66.67%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
yes i was joking.stop being so sensitive.
hmmmm, maybe that's why i asked you at the beginning of my post if you were joking. i'm not being sensitive, you're just simply not funny

Old 03-08-2010, 12:05 PM

44 posts, read 49,974 times
At the end of the day People from Charlotte are still going to come to Atlanta for amenties they dont have. We can stop all this back and forth. Charlotte is Charlotte and Atlanta is Atlanta. They know where they stand and we know where we stand.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I forget about this place. Wish it were closer to the urban core, but I'll take it.

I took a temp job at a warehouse here in Charlotte in the summer of 2007. It was like a mini-United Nations up in there. Before that time, I had no idea that we had that many people of various nationalities living here in Charlotte. People were there from Kenya, Honduras, Cuba, Egypt, Cambodia, and several other countries. They don't have a really big presence in the city overall, but they are here and hopefully one day that international presence can be felt more tangibly throughout certain parts of the city. It already is for certain nationalities, if you know where to look (e.g., South Blvd, Central Ave, etc.).
They should convert Eastland Mall into an international town center! They've been talking about that for a long time, now I think is the right time to act on that! Central Avenue is truly the "International District" in Charlotte and it will fit that area really well!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Oh no, we all know what you meant. We can read your comments. What was the point of mentioning Plaza Fiesta, Asian malls, Columbian restaurants, African restaurants, etc. when Charlotte has all those things? What was the point? That’s just like showing pictures of the Atlanta Hawks or Atlanta Falcons and saying “Look what Atlanta’s got!” The reason you showed those things is because you didn’t know Charlotte (i.e. NC) had them too. I encourage everyone to go back and read through the comments carefully.

And I told you where the majority of our "ethnic" communities are, East Charlotte. And if you don't know that, then you really don't know anything about Charlotte.
Something else that people may not know about Charlotte considering its diversity is why you don't have ethnic neighborhoods. If I'm correct, its actually illegal to have such neighborhoods in Charlotte. Because of this, you can walk in any neighborhood in Charlotte and find diversity. In one of my old neighborhoods in UC, we Indians, Native Americans, blacks, white all in the same neighborhood. In the shopping center was a Korean store followed by a hilal store that catered to muslims. This is why Charlotte's diversity is a bit underrated because diversity exists in just about any neighborhood you go to. I'm sure its the same with most of NC cities.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Uh, you think Wilmington, NC compares to the historical significance and beauty of Savannah? I don't think so!
Wilmington may not, but Asheville could. So could Winston-Salem.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I like this statement the best. We Charlotteans do have to defend Charlotte a lot because it doesn't get much respect. For this same reason I defent Atlanta and all Southern cities because they have so much to offer.

Once again for the record IMO the NC&GA cities stack the following order:
Atlanta
Charlotte & Raleigh
Other cities

I think it is wrong for us to think that the rural culture of both states don't mean as much as the metros. This is where we get our food, and for some, relaxation.
My roots are in rural GA.I respect the good things about it,However It's a fact that the majority of rural places are very conservative,I am not by any means.Those places tend to be more narrow-minded.Its all about keeping up appearances.However I admire the strong morals,convictions,and work ethics.These things do run deep in those areas.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM

30 posts, read 56,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVuttion22 View Post
At the end of the day People from Charlotte are still going to come to Atlanta for amenties they dont have. We can stop all this back and forth. Charlotte is Charlotte and Atlanta is Atlanta. They know where they stand and we know where we stand.
Where does Charlotte stand?

Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM

If I am not mistaken these two states have about the same populations, in the same area of the country, and have too many similarities to one another. North Carolina is my home but Georgia is cool too. I have family there. There is no wrong or right between the two states because I feel that they are both great. For people who want to live in a huge metro, choose The ATL. For those who like bigger cities but not all the hustle and bustle, go for Charlotte. Charlotte is not behind Atlanta and Atlanta is not behind Charlotte. They are two different cities. At the end of the day, nobody is going to change anyone else's opinion of the two states.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Fact is you Charlotte boosters are ALWAYS on the defensive because in the end YOU know what ios the inevitable truth.That is that you guys are living in the shadow of Atlanta and you don't like it one bit.So you all feign the victim!
This is hilarious. Do you not know how easy it would be for me to just pick up and move to Atlanta if I wanted to? Same goes for several other people I know. I like what's going on in Charlotte and I defend the city when people don't know what they're talking about. Otherwise, I do my fair share of criticism of my own city. You seem to lack some basic comprehension skills that really don't even make it worth my time to continue a back and forth with you. The bottom line is that you don't know a whole lot about Charlotte.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
This is hilarious. Do you not know how easy it would be for me to just pick up and move to Atlanta if I wanted to? Same goes for several other people I know. I like what's going on in Charlotte and I defend the city when people don't know what they're talking about. Otherwise, I do my fair share of criticism of my own city. You seem to lack some basic comprehension skills that really don't even make it worth my time to continue a back and forth with you. The bottom line is that you don't know a whole lot about Charlotte.
I agree with you Akhenaton06, these cats in Atlanta and Georgia really seem somewhat egotistical to think that N.C. people should actually be jealous of them. Georgia is a great state but they need to let this pipe dream go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City