U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city is safer
NYC 81 80.20%
LA 20 19.80%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
 
2,958 posts, read 3,754,740 times
Reputation: 1365

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
I really like New York and think it's awesome and someday plan to get a penthouse in midtown manhattan somewhere. I just hate it when NYers think that LA is nothing and cant hang with the top cities because it's not urban enough e.g. Chicago, New York these forumers **** me off cause they can't even complement LA on the nice things it has instead they just write LA off and form a statistical duo and all the polls become skewed.
I agree with you 100% on all accounts. But the longer you're on here the more you'll likely see that there are a ton of good, rational posters on here from those places and more that don't act like that. The haters and lame ones just stand out more.

 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,512,289 times
Reputation: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
I just hate it when NYers think that LA cant hang with the top cities because it's not urban enough e.g. Chicago, New York .
being honest thats me. It annoys me that people from the suburbs are actually arguing with people from real city like environments. Most people arguing from the la side probably come from the suburbs of LA like LAnightmare. LA this LA that yet you come from the suburbs. Just keeping it real, as we tend to do out here
 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (wilshire/westwood)
805 posts, read 1,565,067 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
being honest thats me. It annoys me that people from the suburbs are actually arguing with people from real city like environments. Most people arguing from the la side probably come from the suburbs of LA like LAnightmare. LA this LA that yet you come from the suburbs. Just keeping it real, as we tend to do out here
Agh more BS!
 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
10,419 posts, read 13,976,912 times
Reputation: 5585
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
being honest thats me. It annoys me that people from the suburbs are actually arguing with people from real city like environments. Most people arguing from the la side probably come from the suburbs of LA like LAnightmare. LA this LA that yet you come from the suburbs. Just keeping it real, as we tend to do out here
Keeping it real also involves actually being able to be objective and look at things from another perspective aside from your own, which you do not many times. You've never even been to LA yet seem to think you know what its all about from how it LOOKS or what lamexican tells you but fact of the matter is you've never been yet speak like you have.

So many people on here are way too obsessed with density, urbanity, and public transit as if those are the only things that make a city what it is. Cities goes far beyond those characteristics yet some on here fail to recognize that.
 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM
 
Location: São Paulo
6,345 posts, read 7,779,453 times
Reputation: 3677
Keeping it real isn't all it's cracked up to be.
 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM
 
767 posts, read 1,321,692 times
Reputation: 471
This is a crazy question to begin with because it all depends on what part of LA or NYC you are in.
 
Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
 
322 posts, read 482,552 times
Reputation: 161
KONY you are just mad because ya whole image of "tough new yorkers" you blatantly try to push on everyone has been exposed when in fact manhattan is safer than any other big city in the U.S

I'm from the suburbs? kid ...to YOU maybe...but I'd hardly call a County of 12 million people a "suburb"...you are blinded by the palm trees, lack of old dilapidated trains, and smelly rats all over ...thats the thing. just keeping it real.


lol i love when manhattan-outer-borough kids act like they from the 12 mile island and act as if they are harder than other places because they are from "manhattan-land" ...their egos are fed by other manhattan-landers with a similar desire to be perceived as "hard" ..its really retarded dude, its nothing to be proud of, but at the same time facts dont lie...ya gettin smashed on lmao
 
Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 PM
 
13,341 posts, read 13,538,931 times
Reputation: 3451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
yea, there's nothin cooler than being hard! Everytime i want a promotion, i have to knife-fight my superiors to the death. As an employee of state street bank, we often do drive-bys on our main comptetitor, bank of new york mellon. As a result, many more clients have left bny for state street because they know how we roll. Bling? Check. Bodies? Check. Asset management? Check. That's how we roll.
lol.
 
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,512,289 times
Reputation: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
KONY you are just mad because ya whole image of "tough new yorkers" you blatantly try to push on everyone has been exposed when in fact manhattan is safer than any other big city in the U.S

I'm from the suburbs? kid ...to YOU maybe...but I'd hardly call a County of 12 million people a "suburb"...you are blinded by the palm trees, lack of old dilapidated trains, and smelly rats all over ...thats the thing. just keeping it real.


lol i love when manhattan-outer-borough kids act like they from the 12 mile island and act as if they are harder than other places because they are from "manhattan-land" ...their egos are fed by other manhattan-landers with a similar desire to be perceived as "hard" ..its really retarded dude, its nothing to be proud of, but at the same time facts dont lie...ya gettin smashed on lmao
I dont live in manhattan i live in the bronx. U dont live in hollywood u live in the suburbs. LA mexican already called you out on that dont act like u live in this urban environment. U say one doesnt live in the real part of the city unless its manhattan. Thats like saying if u dont live smackdab in a skyscraper downtown, or in hollywood, than your not in the real LA. Which you dont. On both accounts

You live in a suburban atmosphere, brooklyn,most of the bronx, alot of queens are way more urban than where you call home. So stop getting it twisted. U can be in downtown brooklyn,queens blvd(one of the busiest streets in the world) fordham road(another one). Thats nyc my friend get ya head out the gutter. Maybe everything is wack outside hollywood(where u dont live) on the left coast. Out here we go hard all around the city. Dont believe me, try me?


I can never get smashed on in this forum, especially by a kid who wished he was from new york...i get it your not from new york so you try to make yourself feel better by calling out people from the x,bk,qns,staten island, who ride for new york. Who are more new york than you can possibly imagine, being in front of your tv watching friends and sex in the city reruns on tivo, wishing you was from manhattan .lmao

smh at a kid from the suburbs discounting 7million people that make this city what it is. All from 30000 miles away, impressive. lol. losa
 
Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 PM
 
2,958 posts, read 3,754,740 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
being honest thats me. It annoys me that people from the suburbs are actually arguing with people from real city like environments. Most people arguing from the la side probably come from the suburbs of LA like LAnightmare. LA this LA that yet you come from the suburbs. Just keeping it real, as we tend to do out here
LMAO what a load of crap! If you guys were able to even try to keep it real this discussion would quit getting out of hand. One of "you out there" was already exposed earlier in this thread for getting caught in a lie, so how are you gonna claim that you keep it real out there?? LMFAO!

Those of you that make this claim all the time are usually the exact same ones that BS and exaggerate excessively. Its never about facts with yall, its about boasting and tooting your own horn, downing everybody else, and claiming that you keep it real by announcing it all the time. I can tell you that I'm the President of the US over and over again all day, but that isn't going to make it true. What makes you think that BSing, talking down and repeating yourself makes what you say real?? LOL ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top