Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 08:14 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times

Advertisements

"Aftah" living in PA for lots of years Florida is good for us....Business cannot be betah than living in the Northeast USA but when it comes to fun and sun, South Florida is our place.

PA is very beautiful and will remain very beautiful. Post card beauty is all that can describe all of PA. The changing color of the leaves is just magnificent. The winters are tough on the body but when one gets close to 60 like us we thought retirement to Florida or maybe another area that has a steady climate of 70 and above would suit us just fine. We chose Florida.

Florida taxes are as high as PA for us and we are on the water. When it comes to weather, well, a sunny climate is our choice...

PS
We still love PA...

Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusSavesAll View Post
I like Florida because there are more Christians there with Chritian values. Pennsylvania seems to be full of Catholics. I don't like Catholics.
What a clever way to make new friends!

Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Weak? You are trying to compare numbers of a stable place like Philadelphia to cities in Florida that have gone through a massive housing bust and enormous job losses only second to California. I did not lose this debate, Florida did because of its poor planning and relience on out of state money. Now that the out of state money has dried up Florida is falling apart. If you are trying to hide the fact that Florida is in a state of crisis then you are not being honest.
You seem to jump around from comparing city to state or vice versa for what ever is convenient for your argument.

Aren't PA state employees only going to get partial paychecks the next 2 weeks and then nothing after that unless they do something with the budget.

That doesn't sound very stable to me.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusSavesAll View Post
I always wanted to go to the Holy Land Experience in Orlando. I think next year I should take my kids there. Disney land is full of sin.
By all means avoid Disney World and those evil doers: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Pluto(I think he is the gay one).

Old 07-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Even though I live in Florida I personally, IMHO......do not think that the high growth rate Florida has experienced, in the past, is necessarily a good thing....it can lead to instability as far as residents assimilating into "one group" or state identity.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Weeki Wachee is not that bad, they have one of the largest swamp fest's in the country. They are on their 16th year.

Weeki Wachee Swamp Fest Home Page
I find it funny that you could feel so threatened by such a small and insignificant place.

What is this, like 5 posts in a row about Weeki Wachee?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 PM

157 posts, read 397,760 times
Florida hands down, having lived in both. Pennsylvania has no diversity, year-round winter weather, a rather significant redneck problem, and old, rusty, decaying cities that really did not appeal to me. I've never seen a state with infrastructure (bridges, roads, etc.) in worse condition. Not to even mention Pennsylvania's 18th Century alcohol control practices...

Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
The housing boom was created by speculators looking to make a quick profit and easy lending. As soon as the boom ended they all left.
Florida's population has been growing for many, many years. The recent housing boom has only been a very small portion of those years and if you hadn't noticed, the boom affected almost all parts of the country.

You really are clueless with this aren't you?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
the boom affected almost all parts of the country.

You really are clueless with this aren't you?
4 States Feel Highest Foreclosure Rates : HousingWire || financial news for the mortgage market

Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Im lying about SE Florida being more popular then the entire rest of Florida?
Since population seems to be how you judge the popularity of someplace then the 5.5 million more people in Florida than Pennsylvania should tell you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City