Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 02:52 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
What he is, is cosmopolitan, and not some Provincial convinced that nothing of value exists outside of his region.
I appreciate you trying to defend your friend, but saying he is not provincial is untrue and you know it. His posts are of a pro-southern, anti northern nature constantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 02:53 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
What he is, is cosmopolitan, and not some Provincial convinced that nothing of value exists outside of his region.
How sweet, Lovin. Thanks.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I appreciate you trying to defend your friend, but saying he is not provincial is untrue and you know it. His posts are of a pro-southern, anti northern nature constantly.
Any proof of that accusation? Again, my problem is with ignorance, not regions.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:00 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
I know nothing of the sort...he is quite well-traveled (as am I), since being such is integral to his career.
I am amused that our efforts to defend the region in which we live are consistently interpreted as 'anti-northern' bashing...you know bloody well that this is not case. We're not the ones making up these inane threads that only serve to expose your ignorance about the region in which we live. Your contempt of it is likely interpreted by most people as jealousy and frustration over a place that legions of Northeasterners and Midwesterners are flocking to every day.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:02 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Poor you, you sunbelters have been hoping for the Norths demise for ages. Now you are getting a little taste of your own medicine. But you will have to get used to it because some states in the South are now falling badly, all you have to do is look at the disaster of states like Florida to see whats happening in the South.
Honestly, do you really believe that? Get a clue. First of all, I cannot speak for all "Sunbelters", but many of us hail from the North. Most of my family is up there. I grew up there. You hate Florida? Think about ALL of the people from NY, Philly, Boston, etc that are either snowbirds there, or decided to help populate it. They come from your neighborhoods too, and if my neighbors spewed some of the garbage that I hear coming from some of you who despise not only the Sunbelt, but other regions so much, I'd probably flee from your neighborhood as well. It's not where you are from, but the horrible, ignorant attitudes some of you have.

Lastly, I don't spend my hours every day tirelessly thinking about how to come up with a great strategy for the demise of the North. I'll leave that in your hands. I have a life.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:05 PM

542 posts, read 1,498,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggabq View Post
And why are so many people just assuming the entire sunbelt is in the south? Theres a whole other part of it
Exactly. If the Sunbelt was just exclusive to the Western part, the bashing would be nowhere near as high.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default I plot every day how to get out of here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Honestly, do you really believe that? Get a clue. First of all, I cannot speak for all "Sunbelters", but many of us hail from the North. Most of my family is up there. I grew up there. You hate Florida? Think about ALL of the people from NY, Philly, Boston, etc that are either snowbirds there, or decided to help populate it. They come from your neighborhoods too, and if my neighbors spewed some of the garbage that I hear coming from some of you who despise not only the Sunbelt, but other regions so much, I'd probably flee from your neighborhood as well. It's not where you are from, but the horrible, ignorant attitudes some of you have.

Lastly, I don't spend my hours every day tirelessly thinking about how to come up with a great strategy for the demise of the North. I'll leave that in your hands. I have a life.
I never wanted to come here. You can talk about all the people moving to the sunbelt, but I know not one single one among neighbors, friends, or family who moved here.

It's a horrible place to live.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:08 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default I liked NORTHERN California

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
Exactly. If the Sunbelt was just exclusive to the Western part, the bashing would be nowhere near as high.

but according to all I have seen and read, that area is not considered the Sunbelt.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
I lived in Long Beach California and loved it, I have also visited other southwestern states like New Mexico and Nevada and absolutely loved them. I just dont like the southern part of the sunbelt.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I never wanted to come here. You can talk about all the people moving to the sunbelt, but I know not one single one among neighbors, friends, or family who moved here.

It's a horrible place to live.

There are TENS OF MILLIONS of people that would beg to differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City