U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 AM

7,732 posts, read 7,129,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The places with jobs in my husband's "old technology" besides Florida, were in Atlanta and Columbus, not the NYC metro area. Read between the lines of that one.
Why don't you enlighten us a little?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 AM

12,794 posts, read 18,929,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Why don't you enlighten us a little?
The South is behind the times and antiquated yadda yadda yadda

Old 07-31-2009, 05:51 PM

207 posts, read 189,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
You really just don't get it, do you?

I am, truly, sorry about your father's situation. And y'alls. But don't pull that "insensivity" card because I am not going to roll over and play dead over it.

Day after day I read y'alls posts bashing the South...and yet you accuse me of insensitivity? As Westerner alluded to, seems like the least is to refrain from biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak. Maybe that is too much to ask, I suppose...but Down Here we just call it Good Manners.

An analogy is that someone else takes you into their home when the chips are down, do all they can to help....yet all you can do is tell them how the traditions of the home and the decor, sucks...Geez.

I have NOTHING at all against northerners who move to the South for ANY reason. My own kids are "half-yankee" and one of my best friends is a flaming New York liberal, fer gawds sake. Some of the fiercest partisans of the Sunbelt/South I know are yankees who moved here and, even if not totally assimilating, at least do not make an every-day point to tell us how much better it was where they came from. They are some of the best neighbors and friends I have...

So, bottom line is, before you go calling someone "insensitive" maybe you oughta look in the metaphorical mirror...reckon..?
Ummm, you understand don't you that your beloved South will cease to exist if these yankees (who you like but who I can't stand) continue to come down here don't you?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 PM

207 posts, read 189,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
We do not bash the south, what we say are pure facts. If by the facts you get offended then I'm sorry, but facts are facts.
This right here is what I am getting sick and tired of. You are a Northeasterner who is bashing the South, yet you live in Va Beach. Tell me why you aren't in the Northeast right now?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM

4,383 posts, read 5,458,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
This right here is what I am getting sick and tired of. You are a Northeasterner who is bashing the South, yet you live in Va Beach. Tell me why you aren't in the Northeast right now?
Because I had no other choice. However, I will move back in the future

Old 08-01-2009, 06:09 AM

5,643 posts, read 4,010,992 times
Default What is even worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Because I had no other choice. However, I will move back in the future
is to have to COME BACK to a place where you didn't want to be decades ago.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 2,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I think people like living in the Sun Belt cause----

you have diversity in the land-- hiking,skiing,biking,fishing,camping,4-wheeling,dirt biking all kinds of outdoor activities close by

the differences in temps and more of a mild climate

the cultures and history of the areas

the cities are all growing and becoming attractive to retirees
I haven't seen anyone post the very BEST thing about living in the South.. The SEC!! (just trying to lighten the mood a little) Is it football season yet?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 AM

13,318 posts, read 13,000,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAgurl13 View Post
I haven't seen anyone post the very BEST thing about living in the South.. The SEC!! (just trying to lighten the mood a little) Is it football season yet?
Football season is almost here, and UT(Texas) is gonna win it all.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 AM

2,758 posts, read 3,351,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAgurl13 View Post
Actually, the ACC is the classier conference with nicer fans.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 PM

97 posts, read 20,000 times
What is great about the sunbelt?

1) the friendliest people
2) growing economies in most areas
3) mild weather in winter
4) college football
5) nice fun and progressive large cities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City