Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you rather reside?
Atlanta 53 38.13%
Philly 86 61.87%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM

4,688 posts, read 7,981,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
Yikes... Atlanta with better night life then Philly??? You haven't partied in Philly if you think everything closes at 2am.

Philly/bmore is the pit on the east coast. Philly nightlife sucks, most people from Philly go party in Ny or Dc. Everything closes at 2am and Philly has no upscale nightclubs. The city is dirty, Philly has close to 400 each year. The women in Philly cant touch the women in Atl. Philly is a dying city. People move from Philly to Atl but nobody wants to move from Atl to Philly. Philly is a city filled with crime, cheesesteaks, boring clubs and women, stds, cold weather, etc.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:13 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I do not know how can people say Atlanta..When Philly is way better.
I don't know how people can say Philly when Atlanta is way better.

Quote:
I would also reside in Philly, Atlanta I could not do, no way
I would reside in Atlanta, Philly I could not do, no way.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM

If you like being shot at or eating cheesesteaks, move to Philly. Philly cant touch our nightlife, our women, weather, entertainment, etc. Philly has a better rail line but that's it

Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 PM

44 posts, read 116,257 times
Philly for sure. If you are going to come in here complaining about clubs, nightlife, etc. Atleast know what you are talking about. Seriously. You just make yourself look bad.

Also, if you seriously are so immature and un-travelled that you think that some certain city actually has more pretty women than another, I can't take you seriously.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:30 PM

44 posts, read 116,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
People in Philly are so bored. Do you have to start these threads again and again? If Philly is great, go out and enjoy some life. Don't just sit in front of your computer and waste time defending your city by inventing such polls. If you look at the Boston vs. Philly thread. According to the poll, Boston wins but under the thread, 90% are Pilly people saying how Philly is great. The more people are on this forum from a city, it means the less the city has to offer so that so many people can just sit in front of a computer killing time.
Some of us have these things called JOBS. You know, a job is something that really isn't abundant in the sprawl belt right now. Seriously, what genius uses the criteria of how many posters on city-data from a certain city means how cool it is?

Also, Joe, Doesn't Atlanta have a very high crime rate also? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Oh, you probably live in the burbs down there. How can Atlanta really compare to Philly's entertainment? How many nightclubs have you been to in Philly? What is your opinion on Philly's bar scene? (and not lame clubs, only lame people go clubbin) IMO, Philly has one of the top notch Irish Pub/neighborhood bar/live music scenes in this country. I take it you are not a fan of architecture. You seem to totally ignore Philly in that regard.

Also, Philly has an amazing amount of beautiful women. Maybe next time you go, you can go walk around a while, look at what the city offers instead of looking for cheesy nightclubs to hang out in.

Last edited by Ihatemorons; 07-07-2009 at 03:39 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,613,796 times
I like both cities so I'm neutral on the vote. Atlanta can hold its own against any city when it comes to the females and I do believe the warm weather theory (warmer weather requires less clothing which requires a girl to be in better shape. Now before someone mention that they see some fat people here, know that I'm talking about the 18-36 group.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemorons View Post
Philly for sure. If you are going to come in here complaining about clubs, nightlife, etc. Atleast know what you are talking about. Seriously. You just make yourself look bad.

Also, if you seriously are so immature and un-travelled that you think that some certain city actually has more pretty women than another, I can't take you seriously.

Post the names of clubs in Philly that they open past 4 am??

Name a nightclub in Philly that better than Luckie Lounge?

Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,491,966 times
Philadelphia is my choice, most sunbelt cities such as Atlanta are to bland, cultureless, and un-urban for me. Wages and job opportunities are also much better in the Northeast. Atlanta would not be a place I would like to reside, especially with their right-to-work laws.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,699,343 times
People in here talkin about the weather in ATL is better.... but its hot in Philly now so what is your point? Yall act like its 40 degrees over here..... Atlanta is not Florida or California. You get snow, hail and everything else dont play yourselves.
As far was the women, it depends on what you like. Not evry guy likes a girl with a fat ass like the guys in the ATL. Up north slim/shapely chicks are in. Like me...

Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemorons View Post
Some of us have these things called JOBS. You know, a job is something that really isn't abundant in the sprawl belt right now.
Texas is one of the best states, if not THE best state, for jobs right now so I'm not sure where you got that from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City