Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
Texas cities 120 59.70%
Florida cities 81 40.30%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:30 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
While Tampa and Orlando aren't exactly Miami, they aren't a slouch in the diversity department at all. I will give the edge to Orlando on that though.
Great point. Take a look at the name tags of people working at Disney next time any of you go, you'll see all the different places people come from and live here. We welcome the world to Orlando as visitors (diversity) and many of them come back and work here and enrich our community (diversity).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Great point. Take a look at the name tags of people working at Disney next time any of you go, you'll see all the different places people come from and live here. We welcome the world to Orlando as visitors (diversity) and many of them come back and work here and enrich our community (diversity).
Sorry but going to disney won't give you a feel how everyone in Orlando is like.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:38 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Orlando has a Little Saigon, I thought that was pretty cool. Because you know Florida cities are going to have decent White communities, decent Hispanic communities, and decent Black communities, so to have an Asian community is definitely a step in the right direction of diversity. Florida is already one of the most diverse states in the country, as long as the Asian population keeps growing it will get even more diverse. Not taking anything away from Texas, just giving my opinion on Florida. My parents live in Tampa and I never realized that Central Florida has a decent amount of Indians. I was driving around one day and saw Indian restaurants, grocery stores, jewelry stores, etc. almost like a Little Mumbai, that was pretty cool as well.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:45 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Sorry but going to disney won't give you a feel how everyone in Orlando is like.
Where exactly in my post did I suggest that???? It's fine if you'd like to tell people that Disney is not Orlando, but my statement is that those multicultural people you see working at Disney live in the Orlando area. Therefore it does enrich our community to have an international destination nearby. You're right though, going to Disney won't give you a feel how everyone in Orlando is, just some 59,000 people or so

Old 06-16-2010, 02:53 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Florida is a great state, but people think Texas is so boring. Some of the people on this thread never been to Texas.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Florida is a great state, but people think Texas is so boring. Some of the people on this thread never been to Texas.
I've only been to one city in Texas. Which was Dallas/Ft. Worth

Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I've only been to one city in Texas. Which was Dallas/Ft. Worth
What city did you go to? Where did you go?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
What city did you go to? Where did you go?
It was in June 2005. I stayed at a hotel in Dallas, ate at a Mexican restaurant, and went to a wedding.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:19 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
Economy is one thing, choice of living is another. I could not live the Florida lifestyle in (TEXAS). Personally I love muggy year round weather, thunderstorms daily, the rolling hills of Central Florida to the green pastures in Northern Florida. From the Sugar cane feels in southern Florida, to the swampy jungle-like adventures in Southwest Florida. From the sandy white beaches in Western Florida, to the Roaring Waves of the Atlantic (Exaggeration) in Eastern Florida. From the Theme Park, Grand Resort Feel in Orlando, to the Tropical Island Caribbean Adventure excitement in Miami. From the rich southern tradition of Jacksonville and the panhandle. To the scenic vies of the Bay from Tampa to St. pete. Florida just cant be beat in my mind.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Economy is one thing, choice of living is another. I could not live the Florida lifestyle in (TEXAS). Personally I love muggy year round weather, thunderstorms daily, the rolling hills of Central Florida to the green pastures in Northern Florida. From the Sugar cane feels in southern Florida, to the swampy jungle-like adventures in Southwest Florida. From the sandy white beaches in Western Florida, to the Roaring Waves of the Atlantic (Exaggeration) in Eastern Florida. From the Theme Park, Grand Resort Feel in Orlando, to the Tropical Island Caribbean Adventure excitement in Miami. From the rich southern tradition of Jacksonville and the panhandle. To the scenic vies of the Bay from Tampa to St. pete. Florida just cant be beat in my mind.
daily thunderstorms and HIGH humidity only occurs from june-sept
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City