Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 AM

857 posts, read 1,364,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Haha, seriously. It feels like Philly has all these stalker ex-girlfriend types on these boards that try to portray the city in such a negative light when in reality Philadelphia is doing very well for itself and continues to improve. And judging by many of the posts it is nearly impossible that any of them step foot in the city.
Exactly..seems like envy to me..we are all americans..and live in a great country (subjective to some I know lol) we should root for each other..not hate..its wack.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,249,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Haha, seriously. It feels like Philly has all these stalker ex-girlfriend types on these boards that try to portray the city in such a negative light when in reality Philadelphia is doing very well for itself and continues to improve. And judging by many of the posts it is nearly impossible that any of them step foot in the city.
Exactly. There was one guy on another thread who drove down Vine and claimed to know all there is to know about Center City. As for the person who goes by "furd" or something like that, he spouts harmless inanities across the threads. I think he has the equivalent of CD turrets. Best to hold your powder for someone with insight vs one with misfiring synapses.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:27 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,171,429 times
Philly, trust me, is no better than average city with its average and no so exciting downtown. Reality check!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:24 PM

6 posts, read 5,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAve D.C. View Post
NYC > Philly
DC > Philly
Boston > Philly

The only city on the east coast that Philly beats is Baltimore.
.... Boston no...
Maybe DC but to the rest of the country polls show that people prefer it over DC
NYC sure...

Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,015,708 times
Quote:
NYC > Philly
DC > Philly
Boston > Philly

The only city on the east coast that Philly beats is Baltimore.
and this is based on what? size? nope can't be.

gdp? can't be that either

downtown? impossible

entertainment? shopping? food? vibrancy? walkability? cultural impact? history? no can't be those either.

nyc is clearly superior to philly and all of these other cities.

but after that i've yet to see a definitive argument that either bos or wash tops philly. in fact it's easiest to make the case that philly is the second most important city on the east coast behind only nyc.

but as this topic points out, it's really easy to just bash philly and not give it the respect it deserves without even so much as an ounce of reasoning.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM

DC is not even a great city as people put it. It aint no NYC or MIAMI or PARIS. DC posters are just like san francisco posters. Think there city is a place to live because "its important to this country". Does important to this country bring me good food? Does it give me fun?

FACE IT CITY DATA NO ONE MOVES TO CITIES BECAUSE OF ITS IMPORTANCE. Exac. why Philadelphia has more people there than san fran dc and boston.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 PM

Phillies2011, they agree with me that Baltimore, Washington, Boston and NY beat Philly's no problem. You see, I'm very accurate and know what I'm talking about. Philly's is boring and nothing special except for history. LOL, didn't you watch the first Bad Girl Club when they visited their cities and Amy from Philly told her friend, "Philly's boring, huh". They both argree like the rest of the Philaphians. When are you going to get it that most people in Philadelphia are depressed about their city and agrees with me. Whom are you fooling here?

Old 04-13-2011, 04:16 PM

106os, why are you defending Philly since most redneck New Yorkers put Philly down? I guess I'm right that NY is a boring little city that tries to be the capital of the world. Guess what? you're not since you fumbled the olympic like Chicago and can't get its act together. Your weather and your city smells and is a mess. That's for another thread. Hey, Phillies, you're not alone for my criticism of the city. NY also has issues like not having a downtown and being boring overall for me. I just think NY is somewhat better off, and the same goes for Chicago since they do have more vibrant urban landscape, no thanks to their downtowns-just different and more vibrant neighborhoods taking up slacks.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
It'd expect Philly to have more people given that it was more than twice the land of D.C. proper lol

But one thing is for sure, more people are moving from the Philly area to the D.C. area and not the other way around lmao.

The only thing Philly was good for is Will Smith.

and to keep this up further, why does D.C., San Francisco, and Boston have a higher COL then Philly? lol
Easy because theres more going on, more to offer, better quality of life, more important, so on and so forth.
Philly is about as useful as Flint, MI
What does boston have that philly doesnt? TEA PARTIES AND OLD PEOPLE
San fran - A bunch of gays and people who make it but lose it in 3 months. cmon now Please how could you glorify higher cost of living. Your are ignorant..

Old 04-13-2011, 05:10 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,208,000 times
Quote:

and to keep this up further, why does D.C., San Francisco, and Boston have a higher COL then Philly?

DC? Indubitably because of the The Federal Government.

SF? Coastal city. Half its potential real estate is under water. COL goes through the roof.

Boston? See SF minus the pacific hills/air

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAveDC
Easy because theres more going on, more to offer, better quality of life, more important, so on and so forth.
Philly is about as useful as Flint, MI
Ridiculous. If the Government wasnt in Washington their C.O.L. would be Richmondesque.

If anything you have a better QOL in the Philly area than SF/Bos/Wash due to the lower C.O.L.. Same culture, same quality of Life at 1/2 the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.