Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Massachusetts Vs New Jersey
MA 193 57.10%
NJ 145 42.90%
Voters: 338. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
How do people with blow-outs and dress in that way have more style than other people?
So what is the problem, do you have something against Italian Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,268,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Are all the dudes with blowouts in Morristown from NY too?
Hmm. Well, I have spent a lot of time in Morristown over the years, and I never really saw any blowout types there, to be honest. Seems very preppy to me. Unless things have changed.

Either way, that "blowout" look is not unique to NJ by any means. Long Island is really the capital of that look. And I have seen plenty of "blowout types" in Boston as well.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,450,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Hmm. Well, I have spent a lot of time in Morristown over the years, and I never really saw any blowout types there, to be honest. Seems very preppy to me. Unless things have changed.

Either way, that "blowout" look is not unique to NJ by any means. Long Island is really the capital of that look. And I have seen plenty of "blowout types" in Boston as well.
When I was in Jersey visiting a friend in Netcong this past spring (weekend of March 28th), I saw quite a few blowouts when we partied in Morristown one night.

The blowout definitely isn't unique to NJ/NY...I mentioned that in my previous post.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
So what is the problem, do you have something against Italian Americans?
haha, solid pull of the race card. No I have no problem with Italians. There's lots of Italians up here too ya know.

I was simply responding to your claim of "We have style, you don't"...

Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I defy you to find one thing that's "crass" or "flashy" in this picture of typical NJ youths. All I see is understated elegance and refined class.
I'm youthful, and i'm around youth a lot, and i barely ever see that and i'd never call it typical... And i'm an Italian American.

No one hates these kinds of people more than their own nationality.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
i never knew it was called "blow-outs" lol

Old 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Yeah! ALL of the guys in NJ wear blowouts and bronzer! Yeah!

I'll let you in on a secret. Those blowout guys down the Shore ... they are from NY, not NJ. See, you learned something today!
Not so fast, there, Tommy. Here is my picture, with some ho' that I grinded at Deko Lounge - note the blowout and slight bronze tan I have:

Old 07-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I'm youthful, and i'm around youth a lot, and i barely ever see that and i'd never call it typical... And i'm an Italian American.

No one hates these kinds of people more than their own nationality.
I'm just kidding with the pics...that's what people think of regarding NJ so I feed the silly stereotype. Let them believe their fantasies about NJ - it keeps the dummies out. Mostly.

BTW, I do know a few people who aren't too far off from the people in the pics, and they're really not bad people at all.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
i never knew it was called "blow-outs" lol
Me neither. I thought, until this thread, that a "blow out" was when a baby defecated so much and so forcefully into his pampers/huggies that it blew out the side of them and soiled his clothes.

Who knew that guidos wear diapers, much less "blow out" of them???

Old 07-21-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I thought, until this thread, that a "blow out" was when a baby defecated so much and so forcefully into his pampers/huggies that it blew out the side of them and soiled his clothes.
Sweet mother of mercy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City