U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Massachusetts Vs New Jersey
MA 94 54.34%
NJ 79 45.66%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,212,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Off topic here but the next time you look across Lake Champlain and see those lofty mountains called the Adirondacks---remember those mountains, 6 million acres of forests and 3,000 lakes are in the.....Mid-Atlantic!
How is that?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,597,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
..Sorry, not seeing any of either one.

New Jersey has some decent things, such as access to NYC, and Cape May, but also has, arguably , some of the least attractive cities in the nation. Indeed, when talking about such gems as Camden and Trenton, the word "beautiful" should never be used.

I'll take the natural beauty of New England, with the forests and lakes of MA, VT, NH and ME ( all close by) over that of the Mid-Atlantic any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
...but it's still quite a few notches above Camden and Trenton; and ,Trenton is your STATE CAPITAL, not an insignificant little backwater town; you'd think that some attempt at urban renewal might be in order, especially for the state's capital city.

I have no real ax to grind against NJ;( I actually go to a few Devil games every year), but it's just not going to win an "attractiveness" contest against MA, and New England.

Here is a NJ thread of a stroll through Trenton, NJ's state capitol with pics and all.
PHOTO TOUR: Trenton, New Jersey
It has it's ugliest and it has it's beauties, but i think it's a great capitol none the less... I don't know why you'd consider the whole city a dump.

And NJ doesn' compare when it comes to natural beauty?

^this is literally in that horrible city known as Paterson

A lot of pics, i know, Flickr does that to ya

Last edited by BPerone201; 07-17-2009 at 09:58 PM..

Old 07-18-2009, 02:04 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,113,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Off topic here but the next time you look across Lake Champlain and see those lofty mountains called the Adirondacks---remember those mountains, 6 million acres of forests and 3,000 lakes are in the.....Mid-Atlantic!
Wait, so the Adirondacks across from Lake Champlain, which is hundreds of miles North of Massachusetts are actually apart of the Mid-Atlantic?! Wow, I didn't realize the Mid-Atlantic claimed all that, thanks for the heads up!

Old 07-18-2009, 03:11 AM

83 posts, read 163,907 times
Lets start off with the fact that Massachusetts is shaped like a gun. It is unappealing and promotes violence by tricking the eye of the weak. The state in general makes me wary. You did persecute innocent women because you thought they were witches. I'm just saying you guys are loose cannons and that the real Boston Strangler is still out there.... When I think of Western Mass. I think of the New England version of a redneck. It does have the Basketball Hall of Fame but i'll pass, i'd rather not risk my life dodging bullets to honor some great athletes... Boston seems cool other then the massive herds of irish drunks ravaging the streets day and night like that of the 92 LA riot. Im glad its almost out of the way and further north of nj and ny and it sucks the Pilgrims had to land on this state i could only imagine the disappointment. ahahaha na im joking but NJ is better.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:05 AM

6,810 posts, read 9,371,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Wait, so the Adirondacks across from Lake Champlain, which is hundreds of miles North of Massachusetts are actually apart of the Mid-Atlantic?! Wow, I didn't realize the Mid-Atlantic claimed all that, thanks for the heads up!
You are most welcome!

Old 07-18-2009, 11:55 AM

2,116 posts, read 4,062,550 times
I had found some pictures of Mass but they were deleted and I recieved an infraction because they were not my own pictures.

So if anyone has any good pictures of Mass that you have taken yourself please put them up. BPerone put up some great ones of NJ but I think we can match them!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 PM

505 posts, read 1,194,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
I had found some pictures of Mass but they were deleted and I recieved an infraction because they were not my own pictures.

So if anyone has any good pictures of Mass that you have taken yourself please put them up. BPerone put up some great ones of NJ but I think we can match them!
Here are some I took. I don't have a professional camera, so they aren't that awesome, but some of them are cool. The first is of Walden Pond, the second is of Windmill Beach in Yarmouth, the next two are views of Boston, the next three are views from Hull, and the last is a view from Blue Hills. If they work I can upload some more.
Attached Thumbnails
Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_0522.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_0750.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_1612.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_1828.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2404.jpg  

Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2406.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2411.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2516.jpg  

Last edited by dem3456; 07-18-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 07-18-2009, 01:23 PM

K, here are some more. First three are of Hull again, then a picture of Boston from Blue Hills, then pictures of Concord.
Attached Thumbnails
Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2392.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2405.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2407.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2519.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2618.jpg  

Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2629.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2636.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2650.jpg  

Old 07-18-2009, 01:27 PM

OK, last post. First one is a clapboard house in Lexington, then Lake Massapoag in Sharon, then some pictures from World's End in Hingham.
Attached Thumbnails
Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2686.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2694.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2712.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2732.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2738.jpg  

Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2752.jpg   Massachusetts Vs New Jersey-img_2755.jpg  

Old 07-18-2009, 01:51 PM

149 posts, read 646,678 times
I'm from NJ and I voted for Mass. Sorry Jersians!

They are both pretty similar in a lot of ways, but I had to go with MA because there you won't get arrested for buying/selling milk fresh off the farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City