Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best rap artists/R&B singers??
New York City 111 40.51%
Los Angeles 58 21.17%
Atlanta 85 31.02%
Miami 13 4.74%
Chicago 47 17.15%
Detroit 37 13.50%
Houston 26 9.49%
Washington, D.C. 7 2.55%
Philadelphia 36 13.14%
Dallas 8 2.92%
St. Louis 12 4.38%
New Orleans 21 7.66%
Baltimore 4 1.46%
Tampa 4 1.46%
Other 28 10.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 PM

674 posts, read 1,813,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze View Post
I get tired of saying this, but what you described is not exclusive to the South only. Yes, there are people who are only in it for the money. To say that this kind of attitude is exclusive to the South is wrong. The South cares about hip hop. We care about the culture, and the contributions made before us. But, we have a certain way of doing things -- we have developed our own style, and we embrace that. That in no way means we don't care about the culture. It just sounds like a lot of purists are mad because we don't do it the NY way.
What im saying is the MAJORITY of the garbage in hip hop music is from the South and they need to step their game up. Now Im a Hip Hop head and have been since I first heard The Breaks by Kurtis Blow in 1980 so I've lived throught the Rise and Fall of Hip Hop and let me tell you there has been bad hip hop from everywhere since it began in 1973 so Im not one of those people claiming the old school of Hip Hop was 100% perfect but compared to today its like music from the Gods of hip Hop. Now I dont have a problem with the Hip Hop scene going to the South but what I do have a problem with is the fact that when the scene went to LA in 1992 after the release of "The Chronic" La music which like the South was alot of party music could hold its own with NY hip hop now why cant the South do the same? You know why........because its garbage, 9 out of 10 songs on a South hip hop countdown will be more than likely trash about some 16 year old kid talking about girls and money he thinks he has..... compared to a NYC hip hop countdownwhere the majority of the music will be good and not trashy.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 PM

542 posts, read 1,498,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
compared to a NYC hip hop countdownwhere the majority of the music will be good and not trashy.
Lol.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:22 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
What im saying is the MAJORITY of the garbage in hip hop music is from the South and they need to step their game up. Now Im a Hip Hop head and have been since I first heard The Breaks by Kurtis Blow in 1980 so I've lived throught the Rise and Fall of Hip Hop and let me tell you there has been bad hip hop from everywhere since it began in 1973 so Im not one of those people claiming the old school of Hip Hop was 100% perfect but compared to today its like music from the Gods of hip Hop. Now I dont have a problem with the Hip Hop scene going to the South but what I do have a problem with is the fact that when the scene went to LA in 1992 after the release of "The Chronic" La music which like the South was alot of party music could hold its own with NY hip hop now why cant the South do the same? You know why........because its garbage, 9 out of 10 songs on a South hip hop countdown will be more than likely trash about some 16 year old kid talking about girls and money he thinks he has..... compared to a NYC hip hop countdownwhere the majority of the music will be good and not trashy.
This is what I am been trying to say all day long, that southern rappers killed Hip Hop. Thank you for clarifying to the people of here. Where are most ringtone rappers from? The South.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,913,605 times
Quote:

amen

Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 AM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Your straight hating if you say this song was trash

YouTube - 112 ft. Biggie & Mase - Only You (Remix)
I can do w/o the Mase part as I never liked him and still don't and slim whines, not sings.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:31 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Well first, your putting NYC and LA against the south as a whole, when a majority of the crap being released for the south is mostly from Atlanta, and now Dallas. Houston can hold its own against any city I think.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:03 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Well first, your putting NYC and LA against the south as a whole, when a majority of the crap being released for the south is mostly from Atlanta, and now Dallas. Houston can hold its own against any city I think.
Because that is where all the good Hip Hop comes from

Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I can do w/o the Mase part as I never liked him and still don't and slim whines, not sings.
Biggie and 112 made that song.Without Biggie BadBoy was garbagewith the exception of its R&B artist.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You keep harping about HOUSTON.Yeh they have some good artist,but so does Atlanta.The difference is Atlanta is more of a music industry"attraction" than Houston so you get the whole gambit.Good and bad.Houston does not get people to come their to break in the music biz on the same level Atlanta does.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
That was a very good post KRS88 and right on the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City