Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Lifestyle is for you?
LA Lifestyle 26 45.61%
NY Lifestyle 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Then I hope I don't read anything from you complaining about LA having too many single family houses. That is obviously just as ignorant.
When did I ever complain about LA having too many single family homes?

Old 07-17-2009, 05:47 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Really, I actually get the complete opposite. Everybody I knows shops at high fashion stores. There nowhere near rich. Maybe not even near middle class.
Every week at Barney's, huh?

Old 07-17-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Every week at Barney's, huh?
Nearly.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianoligarch View Post
nearly.
lol.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
lol.
Jealous?

Old 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalcut View Post
English, please? New York Times is available in MOST newstands in America and every Starbucks location. I could also easily pick up a copy of NYT in Berlin and Paris. Every major airport in the world, every major hotel. You probably do not realize how incluential New York Times is.
Yeah maybe on the east coast, but not over here.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Jealous?
I can't wait until the new Barney's opens up at Scottsdale Fashion Square this fall. Jealous? lol - I do not have to hide in anonymity.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times
Quote:
I have never used Euros1 ID, you are paranoid. As far as LA Times is concerned it was never on par with New York Times which has a huge international distribution. You can not only get NY Times in most newspaper stand in the US and most Starbucks but also abroad.
Hmmm, I can see your reading comprehension has not improved since your Euros1 days. You make the same errors here (as well as many, many typos ). Let's try this again:

Quote:
The NY Times might be more reputable and have a larger circulation, but just like when you used to use your Euros1 ID before you got that one kicked off this site, your gross use of hyperbole undermines your own argument.
See how I've already been on board with that concept?

Quote:
Try getting LA Times in Boston or Berlin. Make a experiment walk into a large newstand in your city and ask for New York Times then go to Houston or Baltomore and ask for LA Times. Do you see a difference?
Using English would make it much easier for me to understand what you were attempting to have me do here.

Both the NY Times and LA Times are available to me here in SF. I've seen both available in DC as well. I'm guessing you're trying to make the point that in Houston I might find both but in Baltimore I may only find the NY Times?? Is that what you were trying to say in the illiterate manner you went about it in? Well that may or may not be true, but regardless I already stated that the NY Times has a much larger circulation and never tried to claim they were on par. What I did do was shoot down your allegations that it was a small paper that ONLY had local distribution and wasn't a Pulitzer Prize winning paper. Nothing more. So you're wasting your time here trying to sell me on the NY Times having wider distribution, b/c I'm well aware of that fact. Are you now aware that the LA Times is no small deal?

Old 07-17-2009, 05:56 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times
Quote:
New York City has the best nightlife in the United States.
I respect your opinion to believe that. But it is arguable, and not fact. Not everyone will agree with you on that, as not everyone enjoys the nightlife offered in NYC. I personally do enjoy it, but I have yet to have found it the best I've ever experienced. So far, that was in Honolulu and Vegas for me.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I respect your opinion to believe that. But it is arguable, and not fact. Not everyone will agree with you on that, as not everyone enjoys the nightlife offered in NYC. I personally do enjoy it, but I have yet to have found it the best I've ever experienced. So far, that was in Honolulu and Vegas for me.
New York City has the best nightlife in the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City