Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM

203 posts, read 688,863 times

Advertisements

I'll be visiting these fine regions soon ...need ideas on how to kill time in between my drives to and from my company offices in these fine cities as I make my rounds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 04:30 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,340,598 times
Kill time with drives. Woodside is up against the mountains. It's quite nice around there.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,432,953 times
Some ideas for Los Angeles:

Santa Monica: Explore the pier, relax on the beaches, jog on the beach trail, shop and walk around downtown Santa Monica/ Third Street Promenade, see the street performers, etc.... Its a nice walkable beach city.

Venice Beach: An interesting place, very different than your typical beach, bohemian vibe, people watching is well.... unique. Lots going on during the weekend especially. Many street vendors and performers like singers, break dancers, magicians, etc... You can drive, catch a Metro or Big Blue Bus, or walk to it from Santa Monica.

The Getty Center: A must visit when in L.A. in my opinion and one of the most popular attractions. This excellent and huge art museum is set up on a hill in the Santa Monica mountains on the Brentwood neighborhood with a panoramic view of the city and ocean. People come here to relax in the beautiful gardens, stroll the awesome art collection, and enjoy the views all for FREE (although $10 if parking a car).

Westwood Village: If you want a bight to eat or just want to stroll around an area lots of college students are, Westwood is the place. It is an urban village at the door step to the University of California Los Angeles so always full of young people or professionals from the office towers along Wilshire Blvd.

L.A. Farmer's Market and the Grove: Located in the Fairfax District, one half is the Farmer's Market full of great foods, snacks,and meals and the other half is the Grove, a mixed use shopping area with apartments on upper floors.

Hancock Park/ La Brea Tar Pits: Well, it is just a tar pit, but some people find it fascinating that there is one in the middle of the city. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and Peterson Automotive Museum are adjacent here in the Miracle Mile neighborhood.

That is some stuff on the westside. You also could head to Beverly Hills to see a bunch of snobby rich people shop on Rodeo Drive, head to Hollywood, downtown L.A., etc... I tried to give some easy ideas for the westside though since you specifically asked about that.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,617,046 times
Don't forget to take a drive up 280 in your high performance sports car!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:28 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,918,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Some ideas for Los Angeles:

Santa Monica: Explore the pier, relax on the beaches, jog on the beach trail, shop and walk around downtown Santa Monica/ Third Street Promenade, see the street performers, etc.... Its a nice walkable beach city.

Venice Beach: An interesting place, very different than your typical beach, bohemian vibe, people watching is well.... unique. Lots going on during the weekend especially. Many street vendors and performers like singers, break dancers, magicians, etc... You can drive, catch a Metro or Big Blue Bus, or walk to it from Santa Monica.

The Getty Center: A must visit when in L.A. in my opinion and one of the most popular attractions. This excellent and huge art museum is set up on a hill in the Santa Monica mountains on the Brentwood neighborhood with a panoramic view of the city and ocean. People come here to relax in the beautiful gardens, stroll the awesome art collection, and enjoy the views all for FREE (although $10 if parking a car).

Westwood Village: If you want a bight to eat or just want to stroll around an area lots of college students are, Westwood is the place. It is an urban village at the door step to the University of California Los Angeles so always full of young people or professionals from the office towers along Wilshire Blvd.

L.A. Farmer's Market and the Grove: Located in the Fairfax District, one half is the Farmer's Market full of great foods, snacks,and meals and the other half is the Grove, a mixed use shopping area with apartments on upper floors.

Hancock Park/ La Brea Tar Pits: Well, it is just a tar pit, but some people find it fascinating that there is one in the middle of the city. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) and Peterson Automotive Museum are adjacent here in the Miracle Mile neighborhood.

That is some stuff on the westside. You also could head to Beverly Hills to see a bunch of snobby rich people shop on Rodeo Drive, head to Hollywood, downtown L.A., etc... I tried to give some easy ideas for the westside though since you specifically asked about that.
I REALLY wish I lived out there.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:33 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,135,859 times
Missionhome gave some good info. Love Westwood.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 AM

13 posts, read 30,597 times
P.c.h. Up the coast to malibu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City