Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
Nashville, Tennessee 142 56.80%
Columbus, Ohio 108 43.20%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 05:20 PM

367 posts, read 585,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Neither city has international name recognition and both cities few consulate generals give their size.
I disagree. Nashville has some international name recognition. It is no New York or LA but it is known outside the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Columbus.... love the downtown area especially the Short North District....and they have a very vibrant gay community...

Old 07-27-2013, 04:29 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFan View Post
I disagree. Nashville has some international name recognition. It is no New York or LA but it is known outside the US.
For what?

Old 07-27-2013, 04:35 PM

I would choose Columbus any day.

Nashville is too far South and has the Bible belt thing going on that truly turns me off.

Columbus as a city is far more interesting. I also have a strong dislike for suburban living and architecture so Columbus gives me more of my ideal lifestyle.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 PM

78 posts, read 146,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
For what?
For one thing, a major television network airs a show called "Nashville." It's got an XM radio station named after it, too.

Not sure I've seen "Columbus" airing on ABC. What would it be, anyway? Urban Meyer making himself a sandwich while wearing a nice pair of jeans from The Limited?

Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HibityJibity View Post
For one thing, a major television network airs a show called "Nashville." It's got an XM radio station named after it, too.

Not sure I've seen "Columbus" airing on ABC. What would it be, anyway? Urban Meyer making himself a sandwich while wearing a nice pair of jeans from The Limited?
and an Abacrombie and Fitch top carrying a hand woven picnic basket.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,672,569 times
Quote:
I would choose Columbus any day.

Nashville is too far South and has the Bible belt thing going on that truly turns me off.

Columbus as a city is far more interesting. I also have a strong dislike for suburban living and architecture so Columbus gives me more of my ideal lifestyle.
Exactly. The fact nashville is winning this poll is simply due to its tourist name recognition and being a good place to visit.

Columbus is a larger metro, more progressive city, has a better economic climate, way more interesting areas in terms of hip/lgbt community.

Columbus also more together neighborhoods in its central city overall. It is really on another level in terms of being a full city to live in. However, many look at a city through the visitors lense. In terms of livability/economy/progressiveness Columbus wins hands down. Columbus urban core (original 60 sq miles) has much better bones too. Visit nashville, live in Columbus.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
Exactly. The fact nashville is winning this poll is simply due to its tourist name recognition and being a good place to visit.

Columbus is a larger metro, more progressive city, has a better economic climate, way more interesting areas in terms of hip/lgbt community.

Columbus also more together neighborhoods in its central city overall. It is really on another level in terms of being a full city to live in. However, many look at a city through the visitors lense. In terms of livability/economy/progressiveness Columbus wins hands down. Columbus urban core (original 60 sq miles) has much better bones too. Visit nashville, live in Columbus.
The OP:
Quote:
Which city would you rather live in?? Which city has the better downtown, nightlife, restaurants, shopping, architecture, sports, culture, public transportation, museums, parks, schools, diversity, history, concerts, etc??
Which city would you rather live in. The fact that Nashville is winning this poll is simply because among the people who voted in the poll, more would rather live in Nashville than Columbus. You, and many others picked Columbus. There is nothing wrong with that. People have their preferences and opinions.

But of the categories mentioned, it really doesn't surprise me that Nashville is winning. I would like to add that 'larger metro, more "progressive," LGBT community, "better bones," and "livability" aren't among the categories included. From your perspective, that may make Columbus more attractive. But those aren't necessarily everyone's criteria. You shouldn't dog people for having a different opinion.

I do wonder why you think Columbus has a better economic climate, though. That's one category that Nashville is particularly strong in.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:09 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,169,787 times
Quote:
For what?
Country music - there are music fans the world over that know "Nashville" because of it.

That said, I take Columbus by a large margin. More culture and amenities. But Nashville is a nice place with more history, both are cool places.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibityJibity View Post
I guess I don't look at those things. The show and satellite radio station has nothing to do with quality of life and enhances the experience of living in a city. It puts a name out there and that's it. So maybe your right about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City