Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:25 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,340,819 times

Advertisements

Ha no one has made a list in like 5 pages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,746,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Urban=An urban area is an area with an increased density of human-created structures in comparison to the areas surrounding it. Urban areas may be cities, towns or conurbations, but the term is not commonly extended to rural settlements such as villages and hamlets.
Urban areas are created and further developed by the process of urbanization. Measuring the extent of an urban area helps in analyzing population density and urban sprawl, and in determining urban and rural populations

Metropolitan= area includes not only the urban area, but also satellite cities plus intervening rural land that is socio-economically connected to the urban core city, typically by employment ties through commuting, with the urban core city being the primary labor market.

Savannah is Urban.Its a smaller city, but has greater density.People live on the streets and squares.The stores and entertainment can be reached without car.The majority of the people live within its city limits.

Tampa is very spread out with pockets of street life and entertainment.Too many of its citizens(like Atlanta)are living farther outside the city.Tampa is metropolitan,not urban(technically speaking).Actually it has some urbanity but less than Savannah.Tall buildings do not make a
Sorry, but I've been to Savannah quite recently, and It is not more urban then Tampa. It might have been not to long ago, but Tampa's urban core has really come along in the past couple of years.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Is Tampa really that redneck? Because last time I went all I saw were cubans, and northern whites.
Its just what the KGB commercial would call a brain fart, or an "involuntary release of ignorance", lol.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Its just what the KGB commercial would call a brain fart, or an "involuntary release of ignorance", lol.
For somebody that is so pro-Florida culture you sure try hard to hide Tampa's redneck culture and heritage.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Florida has the most number of people living in trailer parks in the U.S.Tampa is ground zero.
Detroit has one of the largest number of people in public housing .

You can draw your own conclusions on those stats.........

To be fair its not THAT bad,but.......
Have you ever been to Tampa? I serverely doubt it. You have given us no prove of your accusations and are feeding other ignorant people with useless information and lies. But its probably not your fault. You probably heard it from DJ . BTW, im getting sick of people trying to tell me what Tampa is like when im, the one living here.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Have you ever been to Tampa? I serverely doubt it. You have given us no prove of your accusations and are feeding other ignorant people with useless information and lies. But its probably not your fault. You probably heard it from DJ . BTW, im getting sick of people trying to tell me what Tampa is like when im, the one living here.
Maybe you have blinders on or just are embarrassed of Tampa's redneck culture. Maybe listening to a local Tampa radio station may help:

Rednecks on the Radio

Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Yes it does but it also has had and does currently,several black mayors,one of the cities with the most and largest black owned business,6 Historically Black Colleges and University,birthplace of Martin Luther King,several communities with the highest per-capita income for blacks in the nation second only to Washington D.C.,Largest African American Research Library on the South and the list goes on and on.As far as you seeing confederate flags,I can go at least a week sometimes 2 without seeing a confederate flag in Atlanta.Maybe when in the farther suburbs you see it a little more,but not hardly within the city limits.

Tampa has some racial tension as does Miami.in Miami it everybody else against the Cubans.LOL.(just stating an opinion,not an endorsement of any sort of hateful activity against anyone.)The difference is Tampa is the traditional racial attitudes between blacks and whitesNothing extreme but it is more pronounced than in Atlanta.Ever here of Rosewood ,Florida?A massacre of a entire black town.Its only less than 60 miles from Tampa.That's was a long time ago to be fair,ZIm just going on my limited experiences of having been there,from friends both black and white that live there.

Again I'm not labeling most people there as racist at all.Just noticing a difference,
Again, no there is no more racial tension here then anywhere else. Tampa is pretty diverse, I WOULD KNOW. I WAS RAISED HERE. And as far as Rosewood, no i have never heard of it. Does that tell you something? And 60 miles is pretty far. Maybe not for Atlanta because its super spread out, but for Tampa, its far.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
For somebody that is so pro-Florida culture you sure try hard to hide Tampa's redneck culture and heritage.
Im not hiding it, Im stating truths unlike you . Tampa is not as redneck as ignorant people say it is. The outskirts of Tampa (where that flag you can't get over is) on the other hand, still have the southern culture. I know many people from the Seffner and Plant City areas that love NASCAR and hunting and all that country stuff. But that is not Tampa.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Im not hiding it, Im stating truths unlike you . Tampa is not as redneck as ignorant people say it is. The outskirts of Tampa (where that flag you can't get over is) on the other hand, still have the southern culture. I know many people from the Seffner and Plant City areas that love NASCAR and hunting and all that country stuff. But that is not Tampa.
The "Florida regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, which closely monitors racist incidents and groups, identifies the I-4 corridor from Tampa/St. Petersburg through Orlando as the most virulent part of the state and a "hotbed" for neo-Nazi, racist and skinhead groups".

floridatrend.com - Printer Friendly Version

Old 07-22-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
The "Florida regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, which closely monitors racist incidents and groups, identifies the I-4 corridor from Tampa/St. Petersburg through Orlando as the most virulent part of the state and a "hotbed" for neo-Nazi, racist and skinhead groups".

floridatrend.com - Printer Friendly Version
Swim Club Racism in Philly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City