Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather be in the Metroplex?
Dallas 108 56.84%
Fort Worth 82 43.16%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,838,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If you were born in Dallas or Fort Worth you probably know about the days of R. L. Thornton and Amon G. Carter and The Centennial at Fair Park vs. the rinky dink expo Fort Worth cooked up to compete with it...

It's our duty to carry on the rivalry!
That's RIGHT!

Just about everyone else who doesn't live in the DFW area doesn't understand the history between the two cities.
The two cities are like siblings, and just like siblings, they're sometimes close and sometimes fight. That's the way it's always been. From TCU/SMU to the DFW Airport, there's more to Dallas and Fort Worth than just "The Metroplex".

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127
...as it actually hasn't been done before (god knows we need more of that in here),...
I try to bring more diversity and new ideas every thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft
So Arlington is a Ft Worth suburb, but the Rangers are a Dallas sports team?

And frankly, next year, the Cowboys are in Arlington too.
I know.

I mean, really, the Rangers and Cowboys are in our county, so they belong to us.....

However, the media says that they belong to Dallas.
At times, I've even heard that TCU belonged to the "Dallas Market". WRONG!

Even when NASCAR comes to town here in Fort Worth, FOX seems to show more clips of Dallas than Fort Worth, the city where the event is being held.
That just adds on to the rivalry.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,456,191 times
I said Dallas, that's because it's home. I do like Ft. Worth a lot though. Totally different vibe there and a nice place.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,884,923 times
Gotta go with Ft. Worth because of all those dry cities on the east side of Dallas. (Assuming it's not the same with Ft. Worth of course)

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So this implies that Fort Worth is some how an extension of Dallas? And that it doesn't cost as much to live here compared to the city on the east side?

.... Anything to make Dallas look better huh?
LOL

What would Dallas be without us?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,822,443 times
I'm very impressed how Fort Worth is keeping up there with Dallas on the poll.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,677,747 times
I would say Dallas, Dallas is more city than Fort Worth

Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Kinda shocks me. I wasn't expecting Fort Worth to get HALF the votes Dallas is getting, but hey, it's a pretty good sign. For BOTH cities, really....

Old 07-23-2009, 12:56 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,814,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
So this implies that Fort Worth is some how an extension of Dallas? And that it doesn't cost as much to live here compared to the city on the east side?

.... Anything to make Dallas look better huh?
LOL

What would Dallas be without us?

LoI know right. Fort Worth and the rest of Tarrant county is growing rapidly and I can't wait for Fort Worth city limits to hit 1 million mark. Standing toe to toe with that city known as BIG D. Well you can just call Fort Worth the Big Funk.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,456,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I don't think the link can be found on the Dallas board, just the Ft.Worth board. That could have something to do with it.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM

20,510 posts, read 33,424,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I mean, really, the Rangers and Cowboys are in our county, so they belong to us.....

However, the media says that they belong to Dallas.
At times, I've even heard that TCU belonged to the "Dallas Market". WRONG!
I understand your frustration especially regarding TCU and NASCAR. But the Dallas Cowboys are what they are, the Dallas Cowboys. Arlington exists because of it's proximity to Dallas. They'll never change the name and for good reason. Fort Worth does not exist because of it's proximity to Dallas. The Rangers moved from Washington to the Metroplex because again, it is close to the big city of Dallas. They maybe in another county, but many teams throughout the nation are in other states but do not claim the name.

As for the question. I'll take Dallas. It's the bigger city and more of a city atmosphere and it's more faster pace. While Fort Worth has the downtown and the better trinity river project, Dallas has it over everything else. They have better transportation, better neighborhoods, better shopping, not as good museum district but an up and coming arts district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City