Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 10:24 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,597,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I have noticed that NYC is the most city that is talked about? Why is this?

-Is it that NYC has a big impact in the United States?
-Is it because NYC has to offer a lot?
This post has two obvious purposes:

A: To stroke the ego of the New York posters by self-indulgent New Yorkers and wannabe New Yorkers and;

B: Irritate everyone else at such pretentiousness and annoy other posters who realize what a ridiculous and arrogant post this is to begin with.

Congratulations, you've succeeded, you win, you're the king of teh interwebs.

I love NYC but posts like this don't do much for the reputation of a great city.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:54 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,291,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post

A: To stroke the ego of the New York posters by self-indulgent New Yorkers and wannabe New Yorkers and;

B: Irritate everyone else at such pretentiousness and annoy other posters who realize what a ridiculous and arrogant post this is to begin with.

I love NYC but posts like this don't do much for the reputation of a great city.
I nominate this as best post of the day!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:52 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,498,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post

Like I said before it is southerners that have the biggest jealousy of New York City. New York City is and will always be the King city of the USA, none of your so-called "New Yorks of the South" will ever compare. Just accept it and move on.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,759,042 times
Lol!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:55 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,066,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
What southerners said it wasn't? We're just saying that most of these NYC threads are started by NY'ers, and the ones that aren't are usually vs threads started by the person from the city that NYC is going up against.
We already proven that to not be true

Old 07-25-2009, 01:00 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,066,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Like I said before it is southerners that have the biggest jealousy of New York City. New York City is and will always be the King city of the USA, none of your so-called "New Yorks of the South" will ever compare. Just accept it and move on.
Fine and i nominate this, as the best post of the day

Too many people play the arrogant new york way too much, people from texas are way more arrogant on these boards and in life

Last edited by K.O.N.Y; 07-25-2009 at 01:11 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 01:05 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,527,066 times
Quote:
I like how you conveniently cut off his last sentence about how he likes New York. I, along with most people think it's an amazing city, and there's no other city like it, but god, you posters are annoying.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:15 PM

763 posts, read 1,293,379 times
Quote:
Considering that many more people have moved South from NYC area than vice versa, I consider that to be false. No one in other regions is jealous of NYC, although you would like to believe that

Old 07-25-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. You're a real class act. Maybe I need to saddle up my horse and mosey on over to the big city asap so I can soak up this so called "culture." I wouldn't know anything about that considering I'm from a small town in the south called Dallas and all. Never knew it was referred to as the NYC of the south. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm in such awe of you big city folk. Please, teach me the ways of the world for I've been lil exposed. Thanks pardner.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Fine and i nominate this, as the best post of the day

Too many people play the arrogant new york way too much, people from texas are way more arrogant on these boards and in life
Glad you have a great grasp of your vocabulary Mr. "Your favorite city's Favorite City" So learned you are. Again I gotta make a trip up to your neck of the woods fast cause an ignorant and apparently arrogant bumpkin like myself doesn't wanna come off as a hypocrite. Just keep diggin that hole. Make NYC proud. Again I love NYC and (almost) everything it has to offer, but you are doing the city a disservice. Please, take the advice of a great southerner/midwesterner. "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City