Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,601,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
riiiiight.... so boston is more dangerous than detroit now because if boston wasn't so whitebred it would have more murders....
That was the dumbest post of the day.....Anyways ppl just arguing without any base..I can tell its some folks that were born in the 90's who havent witnessed first hand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 02:52 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,329,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Somehow you think 2,000 murders with a population of 8 million compares to nearly 500 with a population of less than a million? You're the one who can't do the simple math to realize that DC's murder rate was more than twice NYC's even in the 90's. The surge in murders in NYC is nothing to brag about either... smh

sorry but numbers dont reflect on life.

if 500,000 people live in 1 housing project and witness 10 murders their not gonna stop and take out their calculatore like you and city-data to see how safe they are.

panic will happen, and nyc may have a low murder rate but the murders in nyc are centralized like any city in this country.

murder rates are bs especially when in reality most of the people who suffer from it are minorites and only "parts" of a city.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,673,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
sorry but numbers dont reflect on life.

if 500,000 people live in 1 housing project and witness 10 murders their not gonna stop and take out their calculatore like you and city-data to see how safe they are.

panic will happen, and nyc may have a low murder rate but the murders in nyc are centralized like any city in this country.

murder rates are bs especially when in reality most of the people who suffer from it are minorites and only "parts" of a city.

They would be BS in this case if DC was only 1.00001 times more murderous. The fact is, DC was more like 3.5x times more murderous than NYC. That's not trivial, that's a hell of a lot worse.

No one said that NYC wasn't bad in the 90's. Whoever says that NYC was worse than DC in the 90's, however, is lying through their teeth.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 AM

418 posts, read 804,859 times
everybody wanna be the Rose that grew from concrete...smh

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,250,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
That was the dumbest post of the day.....Anyways ppl just arguing without any base..I can tell its some folks that were born in the 90's who havent witnessed first hand...
it really wasn't dumb if you considered what damen vii said.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 03-15-2011 at 10:12 AM..

Old 03-15-2011, 05:22 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,601,762 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
it really wasn't dumb if you considered what damen vii said.

What Damen VII said was the dumbest post I was referring to as of yesterday..now you have it today ........sike nah

Old 03-15-2011, 05:44 PM

170 posts, read 389,752 times
there's nothing dumb about what i said at all..

because the fact is, the vast majority of homicides in chicago was indeed african-american's, so if you were to subtract the other races from the city to the point where chicago was 80% black, like d.c, the homicide total would slightly decrease, but the actual murder rate would sky rocket..its simple facts and math

Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM

90 posts, read 245,663 times
Quote:

Actually the dumbest post in this thread was when someone said Washington D.C. Was more violent in the 90's and today.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM

383 posts, read 1,311,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
They would be BS in this case if DC was only 1.00001 times more murderous. The fact is, DC was more like 3.5x times more murderous than NYC. That's not trivial, that's a hell of a lot worse.

No one said that NYC wasn't bad in the 90's. Whoever says that NYC was worse than DC in the 90's, however, is lying through their teeth.
brother cool yourself i understand your tryin to stand up for your city, but look don't call me dumd and what not it's not needed. In no way in my statement did I say DC wasn't bad. DC is crazy i've been out in DC B. I know peoples out there, but look i know people from DC who will say " yeah du the Bronx is crazy!", and i know people back home in NY who will say " DMV people dumd violent." And I'm a person who as witnessed alot of violent crimes thing living out here in Brooklyn. If you ask anyone i know, my life has sucked du, but i'm not gunna go into details but you seem like a dude who goes but facts and statistics. You don't you actually take a walk around DC or actually take a walk thru east harlem, or brownsville or ENY. No matter what Both NYC and DC have there bad. So please stop with all that noise your making kid.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM

90 posts, read 245,663 times
Quote:

Actually the dumbest post in this thread was when someone said Washington D.C. Was more violent in the 90's and today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City