U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
 
Location: DC
62 posts, read 50,374 times
Reputation: 40
Early 90s: DC, Philly, Camden, Newark, Bronx, Dorchester. Late 90s: Baltimore, Hartford, Camdem, New Orleans, Memphis. I had a good friend from LA, living in Bmore who told me that he had never seen ANYTHING comparable to the East Coast ghettos in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
 
Location: M I N N E S O T A
11,133 posts, read 6,050,353 times
Reputation: 6059
Murderapolis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
 
Location: San Diego/Tijuana Metro Area
96 posts, read 154,587 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyw90 View Post
Early 90s: DC, Philly, Camden, Newark, Bronx, Dorchester. Late 90s: Baltimore, Hartford, Camdem, New Orleans, Memphis. I had a good friend from LA, living in Bmore who told me that he had never seen ANYTHING comparable to the East Coast ghettos in LA.
Comparing what? Housing, streets, crime rate? LA to this day has some areas that rival the worst areas in the U.S. in murder rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 PM
 
Location: where u wish u lived
897 posts, read 273,497 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyw90 View Post
Early 90s: DC, Philly, Camden, Newark, Bronx, Dorchester. Late 90s: Baltimore, Hartford, Camdem, New Orleans, Memphis. I had a good friend from LA, living in Bmore who told me that he had never seen ANYTHING comparable to the East Coast ghettos in LA.
Was you're friend from Huntington Beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Chicago
3,066 posts, read 2,941,603 times
Reputation: 1897
There will be a murder already in the morning here in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
882 posts, read 653,339 times
Reputation: 391
in this day and age - Podunk USA see's murder all to regularly - does murder equate to a bad area anymore?

In the 90's? What about Detroit ... friggin' cops used to carry long barrel hand guns and that scared me right out of there!

Someone said late 90's New Orleans? the cops were bad then ... there were federal investigations about cops killing a lady for reporting her eye witnessing a cop killing a drug dealer and cops caught guarding a warehouse full of cocaine (back when Marc Morial was mayor)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,170 posts, read 1,724,267 times
Reputation: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post

Someone said late 90's New Orleans? the cops were bad then ... there were federal investigations about cops killing a lady for reporting her eye witnessing a cop killing a drug dealer and cops caught guarding a warehouse full of cocaine (back when Marc Morial was mayor)
New Orleans was worse in the early 90s. We peaked in '94. Shorly thereafter (forgive me for forgetting the exact timeframe) we hired Richard Pennington from New York who promised that within a year he would cut the murder rate in half. That he did was a pretty amazing feat, even if you consider that this happened at the same time that crime nationwide had finally come off its peak and had started on the downward trend that most of the country enjoys today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
882 posts, read 653,339 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
New Orleans was worse in the early 90s. We peaked in '94. Shorly thereafter (forgive me for forgetting the exact timeframe) we hired Richard Pennington from New York who promised that within a year he would cut the murder rate in half. That he did was a pretty amazing feat, even if you consider that this happened at the same time that crime nationwide had finally come off its peak and had started on the downward trend that most of the country enjoys today.
I used to manage a restaurant on Canal during Marc Morial's era ....
Lived in Old Metairie ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,170 posts, read 1,724,267 times
Reputation: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
I used to manage a restaurant on Canal during Marc Morial's era ....
Lived in Old Metairie ...
Ok. I think Antoinette Frank may have been early 90's too. Admittedly, I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
882 posts, read 653,339 times
Reputation: 391
wow - didn't remember her ... those were activity filled times for me ... lot of things going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top