Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Southern California or North Jersey
Southern California 115 65.71%
North Jersey 60 34.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I must say, those photos of SoCal are quite amazing. I wouldn't mind living in any of those houses.
Me either, I would love to live in the last house .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,270,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I think SoCal is doing fine--call me crazy.

I wasn't saying which state has more, I was just confirming that NJ has plenty of other towns similar to Alpine, NJ.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,657,162 times
I like the houses with the mountains in the background. Didn't see any palm trees. Yeah.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranSanJo View Post
true...in real life ...regular people would prefer SoCal over boring jersey

it just seems a bit different here as most that come on here get hard ons for crummy apartment buildings and mufongo shops
Um, what is boring about NJ? NJ is the opposite of boring .. there is quite literally nothing that you can think of, that you cannot do here. Just like SoCal. That's why both areas are highly desirable.

When I think of boring states, I think of Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, etc. Definitely not NJ.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Um, what is boring about NJ? NJ is the opposite of boring .. there is quite literally nothing that you can think of, that you cannot do here. Just like SoCal. That's why both areas are highly desirable.

When I think of boring states, I think of Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, etc. Definitely not NJ.
I agree. NJ is part of metro New York City and Philadelphia, also has a lot of nice beaches. I can think of much more boring places than NJ.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Really? I'm assuming you are associating North Jersey with congestion and suburbs and South Jersey with open space ... but in reality North Jersey has a heck of a lot of open space, farmlands and mountains/hills (something South NJ doesn't have).
I'd prefer South Jersey just because its a little more laid back. Outside of Jersey's Philly suburbs, its either rural, small towns, and nice beaches. It seems that South Jersey has nicer beaches than North Jersey....although I haven't been to many beaches further north other than Seaside Heights....and passing through Asbury Park (scary) and Manasquan (nice). It is nice in Northwest NJ....nothing like a summer drive to Hot Dog Johnny's!

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 08-13-2009 at 12:10 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM

21 posts, read 63,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I agree. NJ is part of metro New York City and Philadelphia, also has a lot of nice beaches. I can think of much more boring places than NJ.
let me re-phrase that...to someone from Cali... jersey is boring...

same way chicago doesnt match up to nyc in terms of urbanity...

CA has way better weather, beaches, options, etc than jersey... why drive a hyundai when you can drive a lambo

Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:

CA has way better weather, beaches, options, etc than jersey... why drive a hyundai when you can drive a lambo
I'm not knocking California...it seems nice, but I've never been there. Being from PA, I've spent a lot of time in Jersey. From my impression of SoCal, I would never want to live near LA, but San Diego would be nice.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,533,309 times
Quote:

unless the weather makes it less boring, i don't see it. i spent a week in Costa Mesa and i didn't witness this "excitement" you're talking about. it looked like Paramus with palm trees. strip malls and car washes. and everything closed by midnite. now if you said LA or Santa Monica, i would probably agree.

Last edited by john_starks; 08-13-2009 at 12:14 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:

You can't expect anybody to take you seriously with a comment like that.

Name something that you can do in California that you CANNOT do in NJ?

Or are you speaking about pure vibe? Because the vibe I got in almost everywhere I was in SoCal was a lot LESS vibrant than NJ.

Also ... where have you been in NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City