Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Southern California or North Jersey
Southern California 115 65.71%
North Jersey 60 34.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:13 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I like the houses with the mountains in the background. Didn't see any palm trees. Yeah.
This is one of my favorite houses in LA-its called Fleur de Lys.

Since your a "fan" of palm trees..Here's a nice house in La Jolla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 PM

358 posts, read 754,731 times
Southern California...no contest

Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 PM

21 posts, read 63,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
You can't expect anybody to take you seriously with a comment like that.

Name something that you can do in California that you CANNOT do in NJ?

Or are you speaking about pure vibe? Because the vibe I got in almost everywhere I was in SoCal was a lot LESS vibrant than NJ.

Also ... where have you been in NJ?

you don't live here...

jersey isn't on socals level get over it and just accept it..

i think your "eastern ego" is getting in the way of the truth

now if a person from nyc said sf was slower i wouldnt argue

Old 08-13-2009, 12:28 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Alpine NJ is currently the second most expensive market in the US (very exclusive). I have visited the area myself,and have found NJ in general to be very beautiful, and not worthy of the stereotypical slams. I still personally believe the dramatic California coastal scenery has a much greater draw for those people fortunate enough to afford example..Alpine vs. Newport Coast lifestyle.. I do agree with many of the New Jersey poster's in saying much of So. Cal is ugly,lifeless,and boring;but that area certainly holds no monopoly on those features.There is a huge difference between Costa Mesa and Malibu,Santa Monica,ect.

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-13-2009 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 PM

21 posts, read 63,019 times
40 million people in california actually prefer this "ugly, lifeless" place.. guess we are all dumb and "fake"

can you easterners not get that through your heads? people *gasp* actually prefer warm weather, mountains, palm trees, clean NEW housing stock...whoa not old apartments, grey skies, and humidity

Old 08-13-2009, 01:03 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranSanJo View Post
you don't live here...

jersey isn't on socals level get over it and just accept it..

i think your "eastern ego" is getting in the way of the truth

now if a person from nyc said sf was slower i wouldnt argue
For me, and the rest of the forum, to take you seriously, can you please answer my questions? Namely:

What can you do in SoCal that you cannot do in NJ?

Where have you been in NJ?

Thanks...

Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
What can you do in SoCal that you cannot do in NJ?
Camp in the desert, surf during the winter, taste at world class wineries, hike up a 10,000 ft mountain, visit remote undeveloped islands (Channel Islands), visit original spanish missions...

Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
I love how the Ca natives can give approval toward their world renown ego and tell NoNJ accept our loss??

Some people have more preferences that go according to NNJ, which may be, four seasons, education, location, etc. Vice Versa goes for SoCa.. Just because YOU don't agree and have your own opinions mean your opinion is favorable to everyone else.

Most of you bashers don't know about the other 70% of the region of NNJ, let alone make yourself look as if you're knowleged enough to start bashing the specs of flaws.

I know that California is beautiful, but you guys post mansions 10 times the size of your house like you own them. Is that proving a point? If any of you can even touch the cost of those properties, than feel free to make a point but a house that doesn't improve the way I live, it's just another slab of concrete I walk on, what does it do but stand their look nice and not be mine?

At least NJ has realstate that can fit the budgets of people of all kinds while in SoCa, your very limited with what you can get, you can't lie.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:15 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
At least NJ has realstate that can fit the budgets of people of all kinds while in SoCa, your very limited with what you can get, you can't lie.
I'd rather rent in SoCal than own in NNJ. Like you said... it's all about preference.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:17 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
I'd rather rent in SoCal than own in NNJ. Like you said... it's all about preference.
Ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City