Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Southern California or North Jersey
Southern California 115 65.71%
North Jersey 60 34.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,443,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Exactly, and none taken.. I think i mentioned it on here that CA hands down has better topography than NJ. (or i might of just thought it and didn't write it)
NJ is the most misunderstood in east, and CA is the most misunderstood state in the west.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,611,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodInternational
hmmm....this quote of yours was taken from rachaels profile ...

"Gotta love how the LA crowd jumps all over the NYC threads. Talk about an inferiority complex. Geez, they're 3,000 miles from the city!"

What are you-ten?

That is was a joke that I left back in December of 2008.

I also think it is highly rude to make a comment that I left on someone else's profile.

The things trolls will do to win an "argument".

Old 08-17-2009, 05:14 PM

15 posts, read 29,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
What are you-ten?

That is was a joke that I left back in December of 2008.

I also think it is highly rude to make a comment that I left on someone else's profile.

The things trolls will do to win an "argument".
i will use all evidence to defeat you

Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 PM

327 posts, read 879,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Why would so many people have left the East Coast to move out West
not to bump, but it's because its MUCH CHEAPER out west..

you get so much more in terms of housing, food, entertainment out west..

Northeast NJ/ Fairfield CT/ Westchester NY/ NYC/ LI is so congested that property taxes are near double that of LA county, housing prices tad higher (less space), more traffic (yes I took 405 daily and nowhere near as bad as North NJ/NYC rush hour), more expensive to eat out, golf, drink, lounge, beach, just your general entertainment, auto insurance rates highest in North NJ..

I actually like CA, not bashing it - you get a ton more for the money in terms of space, food, general entertainment, with LESS CROWDSS..

..but as much as I like the stress free (relative) vibe of CA, I do miss the sarcastic hubris, pace, and general "electricity in the air," feeling that NJ/NYC/LI provides, whether it be at sporting events, little unknown restaurants, hole in the wall pubs/lounges, or just streets of the City, so yes there's always a trade off that's probly more subjective and dependent on the person.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:28 PM

1,994 posts, read 4,842,027 times
I prefer SoCal,and not because i'm from CA.....SoCal offers a far more greater variety of things to see and do than Jersey in my opinion.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
I got to see New Jersey this summer and I loved it. Even though I really love Southern California more than possibly anywhere besides Arizona in the USA. I am not voting on this poll, yes New Jersey really was that impressive of an experience for me.

Talk about a small state that can fit so many great things all in one compact location. And then people have the audacity to trash talk about it? Lets grow up here people.

For me this is a tie. I really like them both.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:33 PM

9,095 posts, read 13,104,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
I got to see New Jersey this summer and I loved it. Even though I really love Southern California more than possibly anywhere besides Arizona in the USA. I am not voting on this poll, yes New Jersey really was that impressive of an experience for me.

Talk about a small state that can fit so many great things all in one compact location. And then people have the audacity to trash talk about it? Lets grow up here people.

Wow, its nice to see someone say something postive about both New Jersey and California plus Arizona to boot!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,750,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Wow, its nice to see someone say something postive about both New Jersey and California plus Arizona to boot!
That's what I was thinking

~

Southern Cali is bigger than all of NJ. NNJ is a small region in comparison, it's about the size of LA county really- So the comparison is a little unfair, but IDK, NNJ for its location and better quality of living (IE schools, safety, pollution etc).
I prefer NoCa, but SoCa is a beautiful region.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,408,789 times
What an odd comparison.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
That's what I was thinking

~

Southern Cali is bigger than all of NJ. NNJ is a small region in comparison, it's about the size of LA county really- So the comparison is a little unfair, but IDK, NNJ for its location and better quality of living (IE schools, safety, pollution etc).
I prefer NoCa, but SoCa is a beautiful region.
Yeah Los Angeles CSA is 32,000 square miles, triple the size of New Jersey. This was put in odds against New Jersey from the start, but it fared well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
You can also add Upstate New York & New York City and also Texas & Florida to my list. I like those all equally. Hahaha.

Last edited by DANNYY; 10-01-2010 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Tweak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City