Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times

Advertisements

Arizona-Phoenix

California-LA, SD, SF, OAK

Florida-West Palm Beach(I was born there and lived there), Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando.

Hawaii-Honolulu

New Jersey-Newark

Oregon-Portland

Texas-Austin(where I was basically raised, lived there for 8yrs), Austin Area(Specifically Round Rock) Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Fort Worth, El Paso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 AM

536 posts, read 2,153,663 times
Arizona: I guess Phoenix.

California: Bay area

Florida: No thanks

Hawaii: Anywhere sounds nice.

New Jersey: Near NYC or Philly

Oregon: Portland (current) so Astoria, Bend or Eugene...

Texas: Austin

Old 08-10-2009, 12:26 AM

867 posts, read 2,138,890 times
Arizona

Peoria

California

Long Beach

Florida

Tampa

Hawaii

Honolulu

New Jersey

Anywhere that's not Jersey City/Newwark/Camden

Oregon

Portland

Texas

Somewhere in the metroplex perhaps Frisco

Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
Choose an area or city in these states where you would live if you had to:

Arizona - Phoenix

California - LA, Laguna Beach or SD

Florida - Miami

Hawaii - Honolulu

New Jersey - Fort Lee, Edgewater or Weehawken

Oregon - Portland

Texas - Houston or Dallas

mine are pretty predictable. i chose the big cities (or in Jersey's case closest to the big city )

Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Arizona: I really like Tucson.

California: I grew up in the Los Angeles area, specifically Torrance. If I had to live in California again, I would move back to Torrance in a heartbeat. There is no place in the world better to grow up than the South Bay of Los Angeles.

Florida: Miami

Hawaii: On the Island of Kauai

New Jersey: Somewhere close to NYC

Oregon: Portland

Texas: I just moved here a month or so ago and I moved to Dallas. I investigated Houston as well, but the wife and I decided that we liked Dallas better after some reasearch and a couple of visits to both. I spent some time in Houston and Fort Worth in the past and I like different things about Houston and Dallas, but I like Dallas slightly more. The wife hated Houston, so it made the decision easy.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times

Arizona - Scottsdale

California - San Diego

Florida - some southern coastal town in the panhandle.

Hawaii - Honolulu

New Jersey - no clue, as far from Newark as possible, lol

Oregon - Portland, I guess

Texas - Austin, that's easy.

PS - I think its funny that some people just said "no thanks" to FL or "Ew." LOL! As a native, I almost have to agree, unless you said N FL. But almost everyone said Miami or Orlando, and I'm wondering how many of those folks actually been there, lol.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:53 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Strange, that with Texas many people say "only Austin" or "Austin, that's easy" .... while not making similar comments on the cities chosen for other states.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times

Arizona - Prescott

California - Sacramento, Marin County, or a northern suburb of San Diego

Florida - Tampa/St. Petersburg

Hawaii - Somewhere where there's not too many tourists.

New Jersey - I don't know. There are so many cities and townships. Jersey City looks pretty cool from the pictures I've seen.

Oregon - Bend, but I'd be happy in Portland.

Texas - Lubbock (living here now), Austin/San Antonio tie, DFW, then Houston

Old 08-10-2009, 04:05 PM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Strange, that with Texas many people say "only Austin" or "Austin, that's easy" .... while not making similar comments on the cities chosen for other states.

As a FL native, I can tell you that FL is not the same anymore. It has changed drastically, more than any of the other states by far. I dont know if I'm FL or NJ most of the time, and sometimes, I'm not even sure what country I am in anymore. So, FL imo, is very hit and miss. NJ, never had a desire to even visit. I get enough "NJ" in FLorida. Cali, never been, but I love SoCal weather, so I chose San Diego. Hawaii, never been there either, but would wanna be in a place where tourists (caucasians like me) are welcome.

Just to give you an example of the choices I made and why...

Old 08-10-2009, 04:10 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Arizona: I really like Tucson.

California: I grew up in the Los Angeles area, specifically Torrance. If I had to live in California again, I would move back to Torrance in a heartbeat. There is no place in the world better to grow up than the South Bay of Los Angeles.

Florida: Miami

Hawaii: On the Island of Kauai

New Jersey: Somewhere close to NYC

Oregon: Portland

Texas: I just moved here a month or so ago and I moved to Dallas. I investigated Houston as well, but the wife and I decided that we liked Dallas better after some reasearch and a couple of visits to both. I spent some time in Houston and Fort Worth in the past and I like different things about Houston and Dallas, but I like Dallas slightly more. The wife hated Houston, so it made the decision easy.
South Bay. Los Angeles is divided into alot of different Geographical areas. When someone says there from LA they could be from any area. Intresting. I REALLY want to go out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City