U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,590,147 times
Reputation: 11067

Advertisements

Sarasota, Florida, IMHO, has no decent parks. Therefore I vote for Forest Park in Portland, Oregon, a great city-wilderness park. But Central Park in New York City is so well designed, right down to the bridges, that everyone likes it. And last but not least is Fairmount Park in Philadelphia; with 5 museums and a system comprising over 10% of the entire city.....most impressive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2009, 01:52 PM
 
Location: where my heart is
5,642 posts, read 7,981,160 times
Reputation: 1661
As a kid, my absolute favorite place in NYC was the Cloisters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
 
56,751 posts, read 81,082,761 times
Reputation: 12552
In Syracuse, Thornden, Upper Onondaga, Burnet and Sunnycrest Parks. Just outside of Syracuse Onondaga Lake Park is really nice. Here's a list of parks: http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/parks.html

Onondaga County Parks, OLP (http://onondagacountyparks.com/olp - broken link)

http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/burnetPark.html
http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/onondagaParkUpper.html
http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/sunnycrestPark.html
http://www.syracuse.ny.us/parks/thorndenPark.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,334 posts, read 17,120,382 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
As a kid, my absolute favorite place in NYC was the Cloisters.
I hate walking up that hill lol, its almost impossible.

My favorite park in the country would have to be either "Busch Gardens: Africa", "Islands of Adventure", "Magic Kingdom", "Hersheypark", "Six Flags Great Adventure" or "Dorney Park".

My favorite park in my city is between Jamaica Bay, Bryant Park and Central Park. My favorite park on my island is Robert Moses State Park in Suffolk County, I like it way more than the 3 parks I chose in my city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
 
3,234 posts, read 7,637,123 times
Reputation: 2708
In my city of Rochester, there is a park called "tryon park" that borders a bay. You can mountain bike in it which is nice considering its in the city.
In the nation I really like the Fairmont park in Philly. It was really cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
 
0 posts, read 1,353,557 times
Reputation: 10
Central Park in Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
 
Location: In the heights
22,190 posts, read 23,719,114 times
Reputation: 11640
I like Prospect Park and the complex of institutions around it (the botanical garden, grand army plaza, the main branch of the brooklyn library, and the brooklyn museum). Probably my favorite area in the whole city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,590,147 times
Reputation: 11067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I hate walking up that hill lol, its almost impossible.

My favorite park in the country would have to be either "Busch Gardens: Africa", "Islands of Adventure", "Magic Kingdom", "Hersheypark", "Six Flags Great Adventure" or "Dorney Park".

My favorite park in my city is between Jamaica Bay, Bryant Park and Central Park. My favorite park on my island is Robert Moses State Park in Suffolk County, I like it way more than the 3 parks I chose in my city.
Hershey Park is my favorite amusement park; the setting is so natural and the original layout stays the same(for repeat visitors) but new attractions are continually integrated into the older sections of the park and added at newer quadrants also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,590,147 times
Reputation: 11067
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
In my city of Rochester, there is a park called "tryon park" that borders a bay. You can mountain bike in it which is nice considering its in the city.
In the nation I really like the Fairmont park in Philly. It was really cool.
Fairmount Park is truly an little known "Gem", to people outside of Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
15,400 posts, read 19,590,147 times
Reputation: 11067
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I like Prospect Park and the complex of institutions around it (the botanical garden, grand army plaza, the main branch of the brooklyn library, and the brooklyn museum). Probably my favorite area in the whole city.
Like Fairmount Park in that many diverse institutions are situated within the park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top