U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 PM

275 posts, read 354,124 times
^Darn, I didn't realize you weren't a southern homer.. It's less fun to pick on someone who is not a southern homer. Oh well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM

742 posts, read 642,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
I think people overrate Phoenix, AZ. It seems like many people want to move here because the weather and it will help their allergies and blah blah blah. I think people get the idea that this is a perfect city and their lives will be fulfulled.. It is a nice place to live, but I think people just expect too much and it is overrated.
lol i assure you no one is overrating any part of arizona

Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 PM

3,178 posts, read 3,631,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
lol i assure you no one is overrating any part of arizona
Let's make something perfectly clear. AZ is neither underrated nor overrated just like many other places. It is what it is.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:53 PM

5,231 posts, read 8,999,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
HAHA, are you guys seriously that insecure homers that it bothers you that much the South has a lot of people that you know need to claim there are no regions? Yes, technically there are no "official" regions that have official political boundaries but this country is divided up into regions all the time for analysis. News organizations, think tanks, reports, etc.. will divide the US up into different regions.

I swear some of you will argue to no end just b/c you don't like what the stats say and it's usually people from the Northeast on this site that do that too, just look at the Philly vs SF thread as a classic example of that BS. Just b/c a region has more people doesn't mean it's "better" or whatever, it is what it is whether or not some of you can accept that.
I think you missed the point. I also think it is futile to argue with you.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM

398 posts, read 569,472 times
Overrated: Chicago.

Yes, most people do not like Chicago, but it's MUCH worse than the bad reputation would indicate.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:21 PM

4,115 posts, read 4,602,099 times
Question Dementor's quandry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
Overrated: Chicago.

Yes, most people do not like Chicago, but it's MUCH worse than the bad reputation would indicate.
Errr, if Chicago has a "bad reputation" and "most people do not like Chicago", just how can it be overrated?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:27 AM

13 posts, read 18,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
...both are very historic, but Philly is a bit more run-down than Boston. Boston has its poor areas, but nothing like North Philly.

Also, in an earlier post, someone declared that Milwaukee was "overrated". Sorry, but I don't think that this is possible, in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, having lived in San Francisco, my standards for run -down are a little different than yours. Even the ‘worst’ neighborhoods in SF do not even come close to the ugliness around here. Try cruising down Dot Ave and Blue Hill ave beyond the tiny sterilized, disneyfied, suburbanized, gentrified environ of tiny South End and it is as dumpy as Buffalo. But I guess you could describe the toxic brown fields, abandoned warehouses, boarded up run down single family and three deckers, the real majority of Boston's housing stock as hitoric. Also the trash blowing down the street add to this historic ambiance. No thanks

Boston is more than downtown and outside of downtown it is nothing but a rust belt dump until you hit the burbs and no one knows this until they actually live here.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM

6,256 posts, read 7,111,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matildathedog View Post
Sorry, having lived in San Francisco, my standards for run -down are a little different than yours. Even the ‘worst’ neighborhoods in SF do not even come close to the ugliness around here.
Oh yea, I forgot there's no poor people in San Francisco or housing projects...

Quote:
Try cruising down Dot Ave and Blue Hill ave beyond the tiny sterilized, disneyfied, suburbanized, gentrified environ of tiny South End
What's so suburbanized and disneyfied about the South End? It's all historic brick row homes. I didn't realize a neighborhood that has a density of over 21,500 could be called "suburban".

Quote:
and it is as dumpy as Buffalo. But I guess you could describe the toxic brown fields, abandoned warehouses, boarded up run down single family and three deckers, the real majority of Boston's housing stock as hitoric. Also the trash blowing down the street add to this historic ambiance. No thanks

Boston is more than downtown and outside of downtown it is nothing but a rust belt dump until you hit the burbs and no one knows this until they actually live here.
What is your problem with Boston? Your 4 posts have all been bashing this city. You're absolutely crazy to call the whole area "a rust belt dump" outside of downtown. Ever heard of Southie?

Here's a few pics of Dorchester...is it Beacon Hill? Obviously not, but I'd hardly call it a Rust Belt dump.

There are obviously much worse places than I showed here...but there are bad parts of every city in this country--even your precious San Francisco. I love the fact that you say trash blowing around on the street is what adds to the city being ugly. Reaching much?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 AM

6,742 posts, read 11,143,031 times
I know I will catch heat for this but to me The Twin Cities are very overrated along with San Diego.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 PM

786 posts, read 866,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I know I will catch heat for this but to me The Twin Cities are very overrated along with San Diego.

Milwaukee-on-T.C. hatred! lol smh...don't be mad cause we get the press

Your city is ok too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City