Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Region would you prefer to live in?
Midwest 249 60.44%
Down South 163 39.56%
Voters: 412. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:29 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iberian Stunner View Post
how?

please show me the statistics, the deep south is the fattest and most racist part of the entire united states. atlanta is the sorriest excuse for a city, it is just an urban area for the KKK to hang out in and have their rallies. Saw more segregation there than anywhere else.

Poll has spoken, the midwest is superior.
The poll can say whatever in C-D fantasy land. These are the same people that think living in a rowhouse instead of a detached home with a driveway and a fenced yard is cool. The south is more desirable to people in the real world than the midwest. Atlanta is far more intergrated than any Midwest city. Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland, and so on are all segregated. My neighbors are of all shades and we live in harmony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
The poll can say whatever in C-D fantasy land. These are the same people that think living in a rowhouse instead of a detached home with a driveway and a fenced yard is cool. The south is more desirable to people in the real world than the midwest. Atlanta is far more intergrated than any Midwest city. Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland, and so on are all segregated. My neighbors are of all shades and we live in harmony.
Indianapolis is an intergrated city.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:15 PM

314 posts, read 422,644 times
[quote=ATUMRE75;31750635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1980 View Post
You are really reaching and it is sad. The south is booming and gaining population while many midwest cities are losing population. The midwest has negatives too. Since I'm a troll please tell me the advantages of living in the midwest over the south.
To say the south as a whole is booming is BEYOND ridiculous. Aside from a select hand full of cities and only cause of the northern transplants the majority of the south is very stagnant and that's a fact.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
- lower obesity rates (False)
- less crime (False Chicago, Detroit, and St Louis are some of the most dangerous cities in the nation.)
- better education system (Fair)
- I love the winters and hate humid summers loaded with bugs and snakes (Midwest summers are humid.)
- more attractive people in general due to lower obesity rates (Where. This is the butt of all jokes)
- a lot less racist than the deep south (I used to live in Atlanta and the racism there was terrible) (Most midwest cities are still segregated, while most southern cities are intergrated.)
-He's absolutely correct on the obesity rates, check the CDC statistics (google search is your friend)
-Midwest summers are NOWHERE near as humid
- There's attractive and unattractive people everywhere, but I find most southern women to be very dull and bland personality wise.
-Most southern cities are integrated? Ok you're out of your mind and have officially lost the little bit of credibility you had.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
No the south is more desirable to YOU. Apparently you can't handle other peoples subjective opinions that are opposite of yours therefore you resort to trolling and throwing around childish insults. You and your neighbors live in racial harmony, great sounds like a script for a lifetime movie but the reality is ATL doesn't represent the entire south. That's as ridiculous as saying NYC represents the entire Northeast.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You really make the midwest look bad.
Try reading posts in their entirety before you cherry pick and respond like an emotional child.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Why is everyone obsessed with fat people?

Old 10-10-2013, 09:07 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I'd like to see the list for Atlantat include community colleges and schools like Devry or AICU? I bet it does but, that Stl list you provided doesn't.
Fact finder
http://www.atlanta.net/visitors/college.html

im goig to need u to re read that list

Last edited by Staysean23; 10-10-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1980 View Post
No the south is more desirable to YOU. Apparently you can't handle other peoples subjective opinions that are opposite of yours therefore you resort to trolling and throwing around childish insults. You and your neighbors live in racial harmony, great sounds like a script for a lifetime movie but the reality is ATL doesn't represent the entire south. That's as ridiculous as saying NYC represents the entire Northeast.
Ok you enjoy your midwest and I will enjoy my south.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,141,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
No, but as a region, the South does.
The Great Lakes are not landlocked. It leads out to the Atlantic Ocean via St. Lawrence River
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City