Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando vs. El Paso
Orlando 81 58.70%
El Paso 57 41.30%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I abstain...Orlando has a rather disconnected core and I don't know much about El Paso.
Statements like this totally befuddle me, as whenever I'm in Orlando its' downtown impresses me as lively, relatively clean for a urban center, and full of things to do. Lake Eola Park has always been one of my favorite downtown parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Statements like this totally befuddle me, as whenever I'm in Orlando its' downtown impresses me as lively, relatively clean for a urban center, and full of things to do. Lake Eola Park has always been one of my favorite downtown parks.
I know people are crazy.

El Paso is anything but clean... It is the pitfall of Texas...

Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 PM

22 posts, read 54,114 times
Default Moving from Miami to El paso

I live in Miami and moving to El Paso, are there any upscale shopping and upscale hair stylist that can do DR/black women hair? and even though theres isnt any oceans around are there any brazilian waxing spas around?

Old 09-12-2009, 08:55 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Lake Eola Park has always been one of my favorite downtown parks.
What makes Lake Eola so great? It is a sink hole lake with a walking path around it.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,970,756 times
El Paso

Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
The 45 people who voted for El Paso must love, out dated, boring, small, dirty cities.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:53 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
I've never been to Orlando but it seems like it has a lot more to do than El Paso. El Paso seems boring. plus it's really isolated

Old 08-09-2010, 02:41 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
What makes Lake Eola so great? It is a sink hole lake with a walking path around it.
Wow, you really hate Orlando that much? Jeez. Lake Eola is an absolutely beautiful park with great views of the city.

Honestly, some of these posts are disgusting to me. Why do some posters have such a vendetta against Orlando? It's beautifully kept, has lively neighborhoods, and is home to some of the most magical theme parks on Earth. Earlier it was mentioned that Disney World is "decaying".. give me a break. Not much else in this country is as well-kept as Disney is.

What is "culture" anyway? Orlando has farmers markets, festivals, theatre, parks and gardens, local restaurants and world-class shopping. It's such a shame people don't realize what a gem this city is. Oh well.. it's better off left to the people who really love it

Old 08-09-2010, 07:53 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Wow, you really hate Orlando that much? Jeez. Lake Eola is an absolutely beautiful park with great views of the city.

Honestly, some of these posts are disgusting to me. Why do some posters have such a vendetta against Orlando? It's beautifully kept, has lively neighborhoods, and is home to some of the most magical theme parks on Earth. Earlier it was mentioned that Disney World is "decaying".. give me a break. Not much else in this country is as well-kept as Disney is.

What is "culture" anyway? Orlando has farmers markets, festivals, theatre, parks and gardens, local restaurants and world-class shopping. It's such a shame people don't realize what a gem this city is. Oh well.. it's better off left to the people who really love it
I have never been to Orlando but I have noticed that people like to bash it. Just ignore them. people bash my city and L.A a lot and come up with the most absurd arguments.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:48 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
I have never been to Orlando but I have noticed that people like to bash it. Just ignore them. people bash my city and L.A a lot and come up with the most absurd arguments.
And most of the people that do the bashing of these cities are form a CERTAIN region of the country full of ANGRY, BITTER, people who CAN'T enjoy the winters outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City