U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 PM

116 posts, read 141,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
..older American city parochialism; NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago, et al., are not better because they're older, and more densely-populated ( I live in the Boston area, BTW).The older NE/MW cities have their charms, to be sure, but they certainly don't have a monopoly on class.
No one said those cities were "better."
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,435,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobubba View Post
No one said those cities were "better."
You don't have to actually say it...it comes through in your misinformed posts loud and clear.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Whatever you say...you're the boss, the rest of us are not lucky enough to be a "traveling DJ".
What's with the "us" and "we" in all your posts.

Putting places like Dallas and Atlanta and Denver in the same breath in a thread about "urbanity" as places like Boston and Chicago and New York is ludicrous. It doesn't make places like Dallas and Atlanta and Denver any less great of places to live. If some of you associate yourself with how "urban cool" you think the place you live in then you need to grow a pair. Frankly I'd much rather live in Denver or Atlanta than New York City or Boston ANY day of the week. Doesn't mean they are "urban" in the same sense though.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:03 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,351,808 times
Quote:
Somehow I doubt everyone in here has been to Chicago and New York. It certainly doesn't sound like it.

I have been to all of those cities and lived in three of them. That's what happens when you used to be a travelling DJ. Yes, Atlanta and Dallas's "urban" areas are less dense and more suburban than many of Chicago and New York's actual suburbs. That's the problem. Some people are getting all hung up on words and not the actual realities.

Just like McDonald's and Morton's Steakhouse are both called "restaurants" I guess.
Yep, I guess those are what have kept Houston having one of the best restaurant scenes in the country.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yep, I guess those are what have kept Houston having one of the best restaurant scenes in the country.
I agree. What does that have to do with that post.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,435,821 times
Quote:
What's with the "us" and "we" in all your posts.

Putting places like Dallas and Atlanta and Denver in the same breath in a thread about "urbanity" as places like Boston and Chicago and New York is ludicrous. It doesn't make places like Dallas and Atlanta and Denver any less great of places to live. If some of you associate yourself with how "urban cool" you think the place you live in then you need to grow a pair. Frankly I'd much rather live in Denver or Atlanta than New York City or Boston ANY day of the week. Doesn't mean they are "urban" in the same sense though.
"Us" - the people you are trying to argue with but no one is really interested in you. Your arguments don't display any real knowledge of the places you're trying to discuss.

Does urban have more that one "sense"? I thought it had one meaning...

Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
"Us" - the people you are trying to argue with but no one is really interested in you. Your arguments don't display any real knowledge of the places you're trying to discuss.
Well if you aren't interested then why are you even responding.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I agree. What does that have to do with that post.
You commented on the south's restaurant scene.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You commented on the south's restaurant scene.
I did?

Read that post again.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I did?

Read that post again.
Quote:
I guess McDonald's and Morton's Steakhouse are both considered "restaurants." Have you BEEN to cities like New York or Chicago?
This was your response to Lovindecatur about the food scene in Atlanta, Houston, Denver, etc

You must have memory loss because this wasn't that long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City