Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with my opinion?
Yes I Agree 6 25.00%
I Sort of Agree 3 12.50%
No I Disagree 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM

21 posts, read 83,059 times

Advertisements

Alright everytime NYC is in a poll it is always voted the best. What's so special about it. I hate it when people say stuff like it's just big and got lots to do. There is lots to do but other places got lots better stuff to do as well. I just think that almost everyone on this website is FROM NYC which is why they always say good stuff about it. I just don't see whats so special about that city. I've been there about 3 times on business and all I see thats special is Central Park, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and Madison Square Garden. Those are interesting places but theres a lot better things in other places like Hollywood BLVD in LA or Golden Gate Bridge or Chicago Downtown, or the Las Vegas Strip etc. I just don't see whats so special about that city New York. Theres too much cars, it's dirty, lots of people walking around and shoving and ya. Just please tell me your opinions.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,829,576 times
New York City is awesome and has tons of sites and is the biggest city in the US

Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM

199 posts, read 220,244 times
did u really just say hollywood blvd is a good place... that place is a dump.
and if u think times square is a "special" new york place... get a clue.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM

21 posts, read 83,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
did u really just say hollywood blvd is a good place... that place is a dump.
and if u think times square is a "special" new york place... get a clue.

dude i'm just naming things off the top of my head well thats all new york has anyways nothing special about the whole city

Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM

381 posts, read 814,339 times
I don't totally disagree with the OP.

Even Times Square as an example...Its awesome to look at but once you're done looking and start "doing", its the same national chains you find anywhere, just with bright lights....lots of bright lights.

I'll say that its ultimately the energy that is unique about NYC....not necessarily that there is anything to do there that you can't do anywhere else.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:24 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
I disagree with your opinion, NYC isn't for everyone (including me) but many people love it and will come to its defense, its a magnificent city, beautiful city, etc. Many people expect an "Adult Disney World" for some reason.

New York City is a great city which is still improving just like every American city its just a little further down the line than the rest.

NYC is NYC take it or leave it.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:27 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
It's basically the ultimate urban city in America. It's just so big, dense, vibrant, etc...compared to every other city. Tons of diversity, things to see and do, entertainment, etc. I can see why some people do not like or care for NYC, especially if you don't like huge mega cities, but it's not hard to see why so many (not all) are impressed by it. It combines a lot of what other cities have into one relatively small area. So I sort of agree, I can see why some people do not care for it but also see why so many are amazed and love it so much.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,021,950 times
Really, NYC is considered one of the Financial, Buisness, Art, Media(Film, Music, Tv Shows, Commercials, Newpaper and Magazine companies, and dont say news print is dying because these companies have websites that millions of people visit, and books(audiobooks aswell)),Architecture, Education, and Fashion capital by the World.

If you want me to get specific about each category just ask.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:41 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
On an individual level, NYC is great because there are so many events going in within your reach at almost any time. While many cities offer a diverse set of things to do, and probably many things you'd be hard-pressed to find or done as well in NYC, this city simply offers a larger set of activities to do (historical sites such as great architecture from many eras, cultural events held by institutions commonly regarded to be among the best in the world, various ethnic cuisines and celebrations to join in on, several major league franchises, oodles of slutty people). Also, 4 am last call with available late-night mass transit and plentiful taxis around means the night life is fairly vibrant.

A lot of it (especially those a visitor can have easy access to) is crowded, loud, and dirty though.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM

457 posts, read 1,109,138 times
NYC almost always wins any sort of best of poll simply because it is the largest city. In a way it is a little misleading. It has more restaurants, schools, museums, whatever than any other city. So it is going to have more good ones and more bad ones. If the poll was flipped around and it was what city has the most bad restaurants, etc. Then NYC would also be rated the worst.

As to whether NYC is the best city in the world. Of course that it a person preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City