Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:35 PM

103 posts, read 301,812 times

Advertisements

What is America's top 5 most racist major cities.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknotion View Post
What is America's top 5 most racist major cities.
How could someone quantify something so subjective and open to interpretation?

If I were looking for cities that were diversity friendly (as I would love to, since I'm in an interracial relationship), I would look at cities that are high in diversity with little comparative amounts of segregation.

There's no way to quantify how 'racist' a city is.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM

45 posts, read 49,179 times
Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Rochester, NYC, Cincinnati, supposedly Chicago. There are quite a lot of them. LA/SD towards Hispanics.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:03 PM

103 posts, read 301,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
How could someone quantify something so subjective and open to interpretation?

If I were looking for cities that were diversity friendly (as I would love to, since I'm in an interracial relationship), I would look at cities that are high in diversity with little comparative amounts of segregation.

There's no way to quantify how 'racist' a city is.
I think thats what's wrong with America today we can't be honest without someway be politically correct. If I want information on different cities I have to say "diversity friendly" instead of not saying "racist" out of fear that someone will not respond or give honest answers out of fear of being some political football and you don't really get the impact needed to really realize how much we really need to strenthen change.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 PM

45 posts, read 49,179 times
Quote:
I think thats what's wrong with America today we can't be honest without someway be politically correct. If I want information on different cities I have to say "diversity friendly" instead of not saying "racist" out of fear that someone will not respond or give honest answers out of fear of being some political football and you don't really get the impact needed to really realize how much we really need to strenthen change.

Many are in denial. Ive heard it said that since there is a Black president there is no more racism in America.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:10 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochieReaves View Post
Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Rochester, NYC, Cincinnati, supposedly Chicago. There are quite a lot of them. LA/SD towards Hispanics.
Are you kidding me NYC isn't racist.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,828 times
Quote:
It's not about political correctness, it is about what is quantifiable and what is not. You can look up the demographics of a neighborhood. You can look up the demographics of individual neighborhoods in an attempt to quantify how segregated a city is. How can you look up the attitudes of a people?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochieReaves View Post
LA embraces mexicans and Asians.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Just pick one city from the south, I know I'm stereo typing but When I lived in Louisiana I was shocked at the Racism.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:17 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Are you kidding me NYC isn't racist.
There's a lot more racism here than you think.

There's racism everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City