Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando or Las Vegas?
Las Vegas 98 54.75%
Orlando 81 45.25%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM

258 posts, read 322,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I thought they only had IN-N-OUT Burger in Cali, and the west.
No, they have one just off the strip with a big In N' Out merchandise store next to it. I go there everytime I'm in Vegas. The reason they don't expand beyond Nevada and CA is that they drive all the meat from the plant. SOLID!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:13 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,028,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
If you ever had an opportunity to live in another city or ever lived in another city you would realize it is wrong, horribly, horribly wrong and dangerous. I wouldn't expect someone raised in Orlando or from a city that didn't even have chain restaurants to understand, for those groups I'm sure Orlando "seems" to offer something. What is your favorite musuem in downtown Orlando, is it the one that you pay $6 to see a plastic orange tree? What are the others???
False. Just because it doesn't have a great art museum doesn't mean it doesn't offer anything. It still has an excellent scene for music and clubbing. Most cities that have better nightlife can't even offer the sheer variety of musical styles in a walkable area...40+ bars in downtown Orlando. There is one thing in Orlando that isn't spread out, and that is nightclubs. I have gone out in many, many cities in my life, and I find Orlando to be one of the most fun, even if the bars are smaller and not so posh. Vegas...sure it's more glamorous, and the bars are far prettier and swankier, yet you won't find more variety, and you will spend a LOT more money. Keep your swanky nightclub scene...for vacations that is nice, but unless you are a drug dealer you aren't going to sustain that lifestyle for long.

Last edited by Pete C; 08-30-2009 at 11:26 PM..

Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,639,175 times
Quote:
No, they have one just off the strip with a big In N' Out merchandise store next to it. I go there everytime I'm in Vegas. The reason they don't expand beyond Nevada and CA is that they drive all the meat from the plant. SOLID!!!!!
I've eaten there when i was in Cali. theyre pretty good for a fast food joint, but you can get just as good or even better bugers at many other places all over the country. There not that big of a deal.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said the West. I was including NV. When you mentioned In-N-Out Burger, I thought you were talking about where you lived, and your location says northeast.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:50 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
False. Just because it doesn't have a great art museum doesn't mean it doesn't offer anything. It still has an excellent scene for music and clubbing. Most cities that have better nightlife can't even offer the sheer variety of musical styles in a walkable area...40+ bars in downtown Orlando. There is one thing in Orlando that isn't spread out, and that is nightclubs. I have gone out in many, many cities in my life, and I find Orlando to be one of the most fun, even if the bars are smaller and not so posh. Vegas...sure it's more glamorous, and the bars are far prettier and swankier, yet you won't find more variety, and you will spend a LOT more money. Keep your swanky nightclub scene...for vacations that is nice, but unless you are a drug dealer you aren't going to sustain that lifestyle for long.
Yeah, Vegas clubs are world class, you're gonna have to be a REAL big shot to go to those clubs for just one night. You're gonna have to have ALOT of money.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,115,686 times
I know Winter Park is technically not in Orlando, but it is definitely in the Orlando greater metro area. I do not see where Las Vegas has any area of town that rivals the charm and beauty of Winter Park and shares the great museums, botanical gardens, and a liberal arts school campus like that of Rollins College. UNLV is like UCF in most ways so that is a wash. Both cities have small zoos but other animal attractions. Both cities face newer attractions taking attention away from the older downtown core. I think downtown Las Vegas, while historic, does not have as impressive a skyline or is as clean as downtown Orlando. Just a few more reasons I like both. I had a great time in Vegas April this year, but I think Orlando represents a more complete metropolitan area to reside in.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:30 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,491,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Keep your swanky nightclub scene...for vacations that is nice, but unless you are a drug dealer you aren't going to sustain that lifestyle for long.
Orlando's ultra low-wages will do that.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,830,819 times
There's nothing interesting (to me) in Orlando besides the amusement parks and Disney's wide world of sports. I've been around the entire city multiple times while seeing my Braves at spring training, and never found the shopping or restaurants anything to write home about.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,540,600 times
The many lakes and the cleanliness of Orlando does it for me.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,639,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
I know Winter Park is technically not in Orlando, but it is definitely in the Orlando greater metro area. I do not see where Las Vegas has any area of town that rivals the charm and beauty of Winter Park and shares the great museums, botanical gardens, and a liberal arts school campus like that of Rollins College. UNLV is like UCF in most ways so that is a wash. Both cities have small zoos but other animal attractions. Both cities face newer attractions taking attention away from the older downtown core. I think downtown Las Vegas, while historic, does not have as impressive a skyline or is as clean as downtown Orlando. Just a few more reasons I like both. I had a great time in Vegas April this year, but I think Orlando represents a more complete metropolitan area to reside in.
Yes, winter park is basically orlando. I have an orlando address but i live no where near the orlando city limits and it takes me a good 20 mins via high way to get to downtown orlando without traffic. Winterpark boarders orlando city limits and you can easily get to downtown from winterpark in about 10 mins without usuing any highways. If my area is considered orlando then winterpark has to be.

dailyj, there are many weathy areas in the orlando area so you can stop with the low wage stereotype
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City