Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to visit?
Savannah, GA 54 49.09%
Santa Fe, NM 56 50.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:29 PM

361 posts, read 1,092,122 times

Advertisements

I'm going to have to say Santa Fe for the art, cuisine, culture, and awesome mountain scenery.

Mmmm - I can just taste the posole, sopaipillas, and the white wine sangrias! ...and watching the flamenco dancers at El Farrol on Canyon Road - after browsing some really cool sculpture gardens and galleries.

Doing stuff and seeing things that you just don't see most anywhere else in this country. When you explore the area in Santa Fe and around - it just seems to be the closest thing to being in a foreign country - yet your still in the U.S.A.

Last edited by casden; 09-09-2009 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,232 times
We all know Santa Fe.. in the real world would win.. I mean com'on.. better everything...

Food, scenery... culture. 400 years as the oldest Capital in the USA.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 PM

358 posts, read 754,627 times
Savannah's charm wins it for me

Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 AM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephthys View Post
Both interest me a bit..... I have never been to either but if I had to choose I'd say Savannah.... it must be the weeping willows.
Weeping willows? I don't think I've ever seen one in Savannah; the climate is much too hot to sustain them.
Are you sure you're not referring to the Live Oaks draped with Spanish Moss?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 AM

My neighbor in Santa Fe had Weeping willows all over her back yard. hey are ok, to certain point.
Santa Fe has a brown theme going on...

Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Have you even been to Santa Fe? We have the lame historical Plaza that brings Millions anually. We bring in more tourists than Albuquerque! We have all that Spanish-Indian Market stuff as well..

I have been to Savannah three times, Santa Fe has a better theme going on.. anyways believe it or not Santa Fe is more expensive, more fashionable and brings in more tourists.

We dont need a port, we could care less, we are in the desert. Plus Savannah is losing people.... wahhhh wahhh..
Savannah has an annualized growth rate of 6.1% in this decade; the coastal counties of GA are some of the fastest growing in the state. So your credibility just flew out the window.
You know it is possible to simply state your preference here without trashing the alternative (at least for the more mature posters). The truth is that either of these cities is a great vacation experience.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:33 AM

Decade?... Uhhh look up your facts bro.
Anyways.. Santa Fe would be the city thats growing..

Vacation experience?.. Haha. Please. You act like you have never been to Santa Fe. Maybe you havent cause you seem to know nothing.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 AM

572 posts, read 1,994,651 times
Quote:

Vacation experience?.. Haha. Please. You act like you have never been to Santa Fe. Maybe you havent cause you seem to know nothing.
Santa Fe's growth isn't necessarily a good thing. Have you ever been to Savannah?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:

Well, I rest my case about mature posters. As far as going to Santa Fe, my husband and I do quite often; my in-laws spend their summers there. You are correct in your assertions that it is a lovely town...one of my favorites, really, and a great respite from GA's summer heat. For the rest of the year, I'll take Savannah.
There now; I voted for Savannah, but was able to concede that Santa Fe is a lovely place as well. That wasn't so hard, was it?
Now I'll let you get back to your city planning work. Or your sandbox. Or whatever...your "bro"

Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Well, I rest my case about mature posters. As far as going to Santa Fe, my husband and I do quite often; my in-laws spend their summers there. You are correct in your assertions that it is a lovely town...one of my favorites, really, and a great respite from GA's summer heat. For the rest of the year, I'll take Savannah.
There now; I voted for Savannah, but was able to concede that Santa Fe is a lovely place as well. That wasn't so hard, was it?
Now I'll let you get back to your city planning work. Or your sandbox. Or whatever...your "bro"
Sandbox.. haha this sandbox pays alot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City